This hotel is just in the right place to stroll along the main streets of Taormina. We hired a car from the airport-a 45 min run. Take the sat nav as the last bit is windy and through a tunnel. Had to leave car in local car park and paid £51 for the week's card which you pop in and out of the machine. All the staff were brilliant and willing to chat. Shame the meals were not up to the same high standard. I would say the food was adequate but uninspiring. The pool was ideal even if the trek down and up the steps on a very hot day was daunting-great views of the bay. We were offered a curtsy room without asking! Free too! As our last day had a late flight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Excelsior Palace Hotel even to day after more then one hundred years its building is considered one of the most appreciated hotel structure in Taormina.Its architecture draw its origin from a context cultural and natural,Greek,Roman and Medieval.The Excelsior Palace Hotel looks over one of the most beautiful wiew of the world:Etna and the Bay of Naxos, the Greek Theatre, and the immense space of the Jonian Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Excelsior Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excelsior Palace Taormina
- Hotel Excelsior Palace
- Excelsior Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily