“A beautiful location for a wedding”

Bel Soggiorno Hotel
Ranked #18 of 87 Hotels in Taormina
Reviewed October 8, 2009

The staff was excellent and accomodating and went out of their way to make our daughter's wedding on their hotel property lovely. Nice, clean rooms; beautiful views of the Bay of Massaro and Mt. Etna. Great location - within a short walking distance of the shopping district of Taormina. Outside seating to relax and enjoy our nice breakfast with the breathtaking views. Would definitely recommend and hope to visit again.

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank scagover
There are newer reviews for Bel Soggiorno Hotel

Reviewed October 5, 2009

The highlight of our holiday to sicily was the views from our bedroom window. A full view of etna and the sea - beautiful both day and night. Ask for room No.1 when you book - 2 balconies (the other one faces the sea too). I think all the rooms must have some view of the sea but single number rooms are on the top floor and the view is best from there.
Breakfast was great, plentiful and good choices. The staff were friendly and helpful. Parking at the hotel was typically Italian - but staff will park your car for you if you need help (we saw a few people asking them). Room and bathroom were clean and typically furnished by Italian standards.
It's about a 10-15 walk to the centre of town but quiet pleasant (uphill but not difficult). Internet access, onsite collection of books and magazines in lots of languages and good bar options at the hotel all added to the experience. Would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank a visitor from ireland
Reviewed September 15, 2009

Great Location: easy to find when driving (which is important to me as I'm uncomfortable driving a stick-shift in Italy) yet an easy walk to the center of town.

Responsive Management: the management offered to help me with parking and were flexible with my reservation. They responded to my requests.

Beautiful Terrace: the view is amazing.

Good value, also: hotels in Taormina can be pricey.

DO upgrade to a room with a balcony/view. The inside rooms lack their charm.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Esme_Travels
Reviewed September 2, 2009

Beautifully set on the main road leading into Taormina this hotel was a great find considering it was high season. The views of Etna and the coastline were simply amazing and with a short uphill walk of around 10-15 mins into Taormina you couldn't be in a better position for exploring the area. The room in the hotel was very spacious and had a balcony terrace with sun loungers and a table and chairs for your early evening aperitif. The hotel has seen better years and could do with a coat of paint but in term of facilities it is ideal for your 1-2 night romantic break. Staff were very helpful and were prepared to even give you a lift into town. Breakfast was continental and all you could wish for especially if Nutella is on your menu!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DonCarleone
Reviewed July 24, 2009

I found this hotel just randomly searching the internet. Overall, it got great views so I decided that my fiance and I and a few family and friends would stay here for a few days before and after our wedding. The view was absolutely amazing. I wasn't sure how it would really look even though the pictures on the website are stunning. I was pleasantly surprised that those are real pictures and what you can really see from their hotel. We actually took several pictures nearly identical to the ones on the website and we didn't even have to leave the hotel! The hotel was extremely clean and everyone we ran into were extremely friendly and helpful, even considering we didn't speak a word of Italian. They were very patient with us. My fiance and I even had our wedding on one of their patios overlooking the bay with Mt. Etna in the background. This was the first time they had ever had a wedding at their hotel, but they did everything they could to make it special. The only thing my now husband and I were disappointed about was that we had to leave so soon. I know that sounds cliche, but it's true. We honeymooned on Italy for 7 days and after day 2 of being away from Bel Soggiorno, we were saying to each other that we would have been happy staying there for our honeymoon. The hotel is just a short walk (about 10 minutes) to the town center, though it is uphill. However, after a couple of those walking trips up and down the stairs, it seems like nothing. The town of Taormina is beautiful and very clean compared to Catania and some of the other surrounding cities. Generally, everyone was very nice; however, there was one restaurant that took advantage of us not speaking the language. The hotel staff, though, can tell you where to eat and where not to eat. This was an absolutely wonderful experience. We will definately be visiting this hotel again!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2009

We were given a corner room with a large balcony and another window. Both had beautiful view of Mt Etna and the coast line. It's an old building but the bathroom seemed like it's been refurbished and was very clean. I would have rated 5/5 for cleanliness if it wasn't for the few bits of fine hair we found on the sheets, otherwise it was spotless. The breakfast is a continental buffet-style, which you can bring to your own balcony and have it there admiring the view. My partner and I ate in the breakfast room as it was very pretty there. It's a 15 minute walk uphill to the centre of Taormina, most of the way by going up stairs which would be difficult for people with prams/wheel chairs. You can also walk the long way along the winding road-- which was a bit scary as there is no space for pedestrians and cars zoom past. But along this road was the catacombs which was interesting to see. Staff was helpful. There is a pc which you can use for the internet for free near the breakfast room.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovetomatopasta
Reviewed June 3, 2009

We stayed three nights at the Bel Soggiorno, we chose this hotel as previous guests said it was a 10 minute uphill walk to the town, essential we feel if you want to take advantage of all that lovely pasta and pizza, and indeed I think you need to be fairly fit to get the best out of coastal towns like Taormina, Positano etc. Our room (No.9) was large and had it's own balcony with a good unrestricted view of the bay and Etna. The hotel was clean and the staff friendly, there was a new guy just started, and I did have to ask someone more senior before I got an iron on one occassion, and some ice on another (that was my only complaint regarding our room - there was no mini fridge). The breakfast was great, you don't feel rushed to finish, and indeed with such a fantastic view from the breakfast terrace it's tempting to linger a fair while.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple