“Fabulous” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 88 Hotels in Taormina
Bamberg, Germany
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2010

Great view, great location, and great service. Everything you can ask for when you’re on vacation. The staff is friendly and helpful with helping you arrange day excursions and at the end of the day your always welcomed back to a fresh and clean room and a warm welcome. Make sure you spend the time to enjoy the terrace with a beautiful view and a bottle of wine .

3 Thank Belt051
villacarlotta, Owner at Hotel Villa Carlotta, responded to this review, December 28, 2010
Dear German friends,
thank you very much for your praises from all the Villa Carlotta staff that still remember the kindness and the gratitude you showed during your stay in our hotel. We work for you, we want all our guests to be happy !!!
I hope you will visit again next year,
Happy New Year to you and your companion,
Mr Andrea Quartucci
(Riccardo, Simona, Tea, Perera,Maria, Luana, Vincenza,Grazia,Camillo,Antonella, etc. etc.)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2010

Excellent hotel with very helpful staff. The breakfast was wonderful. The hotel is hard to find - particularly at night - and parking is very difficult. Try to get detailed directions. We speak Italian and hat to ask a number of times as we got close. We were there at the end of November (low season) so there weren't many tourists at the hotel or in Taormina. We paid Euro 99 for a very nice room with a lovely view. The hotel charged an additional Euro 15 to park the car for us. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from downtown Taormina and 20 minutes from the magnificent greek theater.

3 Thank SD3212
villacarlotta, Owner at Hotel Villa Carlotta, responded to this review, December 13, 2010
Dear friends,
I would like to thank you so much for the praises and the high mark you gave us after your recent review at Villa Carlotta. I would like also to apologize if you had some troubles in finding our hotel; our hotel is located on the Via Pirandello which is very much lit at night and it is actually one of the main and most popular streets of central Taormina, the road leading to the sea. parking is extremely easy as any guest can just drop the car in fron of our door, hand the keys to the reception and our staff do all the job !
Kind regards and Merry Christmas from Mr Quartucci, Villa Carlotta Owner.
Weston, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2010

Just returned from 4 nights at Villa Carlotta. My husband and I were celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary. The stay began with a complimentary upgrade from the junior suite to an ocean view suite. What a nice way to start our stay!! The grounds were very pretty, the hotel was very conveniently located in the town close to great hotels and the main street - Corso Umberto. The room was wonderful and spacious, the bed comfortable, the bathroom roomy. But what I really want to rave about are the people that run/work this hotel. Simona - greeted us when we arrived and was so wonderful and helpful to us throughout our stay. Riccardo - what a people-person he was, very engaging and fun to talk to. Ajith - always greeted us in the evenings with a warm smile. And Maria....oh how I loved her - she worked the breakfast room and was such a bright, warm ray of sunshine that treated us like family every single day. We even met Mr. Quartucci, the hotel manager and owner and he's just a delightful person that took an interest in our stay and even sent a bottle of prosecco to our room once he learned of our anniversary celebration. I just think they were all so wonderful and couple that with a very nicely run boutique hotel and you have yourself a WINNER!

4 Thank XOITALY
Dear Florida friends,
how delightful to hear from you and read your generous beautiful words regarding your stay at Villa Carlotta. I am really happy to hear you have such nice memory and loved your anniversary stay with us. it was nice to meet you in person and speak to you during your stay. Villa Carlotta is a sensitive experience and we are all focused to make our guests holidays wonderful !!!!
A big "GRAZIE" from not only myself, not always I am quoted on TA wow !!! - but from all the hotel staff that have a wonderful memory of you as a nice friendly and in love couple.
Looking forward to seeing you next year.
Mr Quartucci, The owner
Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2010

Villa Carlotta is a truly outstanding property. We stayed here for 5 nights in late November. Our room was incredibly spacious, well appointed and included a balcony overlooking the ocean and pool. The location couldn't have been better. It is a short walk into town with an incredible view of the water. In addition, the breakfast was probably the best hotel breakfast I have ever had. While the property itself, the location and the food were all excellent, what makes this hotel stand out is the staff. They truly went above and beyond to ensure that we enjoyed our stay. They were also great with recommendations and helped us book a fantastic cooking class (much more reasonably than the other companies I had contacted). I rarely return to the same hotel twice but I can honestly say that if I return to Taormina, I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

4 Thank becca5678
Dear friends from Vermont,
wow what a nice comment about your Novemvber stay at Villa Carlotta !!!
All the hotel staff reminds you very well and in particular a big thank you from the kitchen staff, you seemed to love their jobs and they were happy and proud to serve you at best.
Grazie mille !
Happy New Year from all Hotel Villa Carlotta staff and please ... do come back !
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2010

This is an excellent hotel. The rooms have a quality feel and are tastefully decorated, they are very comfortable and are not the run of the mill hotel rooms. The rest of the building is equally interesting, there is a beautiful garden with comfortable sun beds and umbrellas, a bar, terrace bar and restaurant plus a lounge. The staff are fantastic - friendly, helpful and hard working . It's an easy five to ten minute walk, up the hill into town in one direction and an easy five minute walk to the gondola leading to the beach in the other direction. The location is super because although it is close to all the amenities the hotel is very quiet. The view is wonderfull, you are up quite high above the sea and Etna is clearly visable from the terrace. The restaurant on the top floor is perfect for breakfast (very nice food) and is a lovely place for a quieter dinner (the town is very lively). The coaches for excursions stop outside the hotel. So good we went back in October. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank no_dramas
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2010

For my third visit to Taromina I stayed at the charming castle-like boutique 4 star Villa Carlotta for 3 weekend nights recently. On the first evening, when I arrived, Simona was waiting outside the entrance door for me, greeting me like I was a V.I.P. after I got out of the chauffeured car! WOW, I fell in love with Villa Carlotta at once after seeing a very characteristic reception area with huge Arab windows like a dream! She took me to the roof top Sicilian character restaurant to meet Antonella who provided me with a welcome drink – a glass of lovely fresh orange juice. I enjoyed drinking in the galaxy Tower lounge with the lovely ‘red’ coloured lights – very romantic! It has a library next door! The hotel owner Mr Quartucci came to greet me before Simona took me to a very charming room number 204. I admired my room’s good size luxury en-suite with lovely décor and it was very clean!

Later on, I went to their roof top restaurant for dinner – Antonella and the waiters looked after me so well! I enjoyed Villa Carlotta's delicious home-prepared Anchovies in lemon leaves. Afterwards, I enjoyed exploring the elegant Byzantine lounge bar, as well as the aristocratic 19th Century staircases and corridors with some Vintage Roman numeral clocks that made me feel I had time-travelled into the 19th Century!

The next morning, I opened my room’s curtains – WOW, what an amazing sea view at sunrise – like paradise with the palm trees! Best view from room 204!! I enjoyed my breakfast on the outdoor breakfast terrace outside the roof top restaurant with a stunning sea view, Giardini Naxos Bay and snow-capped Mount Etna – the waitresses Maria and Luana looked after everyone first class! Villa Carlotta has a beautiful Mediterranean garden and swimming pool!

They offer you a free cooking class! Mrs Quartucci invited me to join her for a short brief cooking course! She took a photo and recorded a video clip of me filling the cream into the cake, watched by the cook Leonarda at Villa Carlotta!

In the evening, I went to their sister hotel Villa Ducale by a free shuttle. I was excited to meet the staff again, Alessia, Antonio, Luca, Santina and the others, who greeted me. I had stayed there twice in 2009. Villa Ducale’s reception and lounge area have a new décor with the WOW factor! I had a lovely meal on the new-look cocktail terrace. Great night out for me!

Taormina is a very attractive town with many shops and cafes – only a 5 mins’ walk from Villa Carlotta. The attentive and informative staff would be very happy to help you with booking the excursions, or any information on Sicily, flights, etc. Riccardo helped me with printing my boarding pass for my homeward flight from the computer.

I should also add that Villa Carlotta is disability aware, because they have the elevator with Braille for blind, or partially sighted guests. It has a front entrance door with wheelchair access for disabled or elderly guests (also great for moving heavy baggage with small wheels). I am profoundly deaf myself – they all treated me with such respect!

During my last day at Villa Carlotta, I felt so sad after saying good-bye to all the lovely staff and the owners at Villa Carlotta and Villa Ducale. I would certainly go back there in the future!

My thanks to Mr and Mrs Quartucci, Riccardo, Simona, Antonella, Ajith, Maria, Luana, Leonarda, Alessia, Antonio, Luca, Santina and the other members of the staff for all their kind hospitality with great services!

8 Thank Deaf-Debo
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2010

We stayed at the Villa Carlotta for 5 nights in the tower suite and the room was outstanding. Breakfast in the dining room/porch upstairs is hands down the best food and view we had in Taormina- worth the stay alone. Even with all of the great restaurants in town we ended up eating dinner at the hotel 3 nights because you just can't beat the setting and Antonella's food and winning personality. The front desk staff such as Tea and Riccardo were very helpful in recommending good excursions, food, wine, and assisting with car rentals.

The experience overall was like staying in a private villa and everyone including the owners made extra effort to make us feel welcome. This is a great place to stay for someone who wants to avoid massive, cookie cutter hotel and throngs of annoying tourists. Most of the other guests during our stay were "travelers" not "tourists" and appreciated the privacy and serene luxury of the Villa Carlotta.

We would definitely come back here and wouldn't even consider another hotel in Taormina.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple