“More than we wished for”

Hotel Villa Belvedere
Ranked #5 of 88 Hotels in Taormina
Helsinki
“More than we wished for”
Reviewed November 17, 2009

Great atmosphere, very nice garden, clean rooms and everything was working as it should. Breakfast was good even if we in from the north are used to different start for the day. Location is close to the center but for not staying exactly in the center you get a superb view to Etna instead.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Horsham, UK
Reviewed November 7, 2009

This hotel was recommended to us by our travel agent and it was excellent. It is a hundred or so years old so had lots of character and big rooms. We had one with "balcony" with doors which opened onto a large shared balcony area with stunning views of the coastline below. There are beautiful terraced garden areas that you can walk through. The pool was great to sit by (and swim in) and food at the poolside restaurant was good, as was the breakfast, served in a lovely room with arched windows. Parking was in a very tight space but the attendants park for you to shuffle the cars and they are experts at it! The service was excellent. Only downside was the cost, and the extras - you have to pay for parking and even for air-conditioning , on top of the quoted rate. Great for a romantic break.

Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2009

I have just finished traveling all around Sicily in a small group tour, Taromina was our last stop, during this the two weeks, I have had the pleasure of staying in some very nice Hotels, but for me personably , none impressed me as this Hotel has, when I opened my door to the patio and walked out I thought I was in Paradise, so many flowers and vines and colors, the color of the Hotel is so warm, the view Spectacular I have never seen such beauty, and to make it the perfect paradise was a beautiful cat sitting in the sun on the patio, a perfect garden scene. I was so glad to see the cat as I was missing my own at home, What a great! addition he was. The staff were so nice and helpful, there wasn't enough they could do for you, it is so inviting when you walk in, people sitting around the lounge just talking,
The Hotel was very well cared for and clean you could feel that when you walked in,The breakfast was very nice and what a great view you can get sitting there, I really like there service for 3 euros they would check on your with the Airline if your flight was leaving on time. I hope to go back to Hotel Belvedere in future for much longer and have my Room 20 again, if the weather had been nicer I would of slept out on the patio, perhaps next time

• Stayed October 2009
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed November 2, 2009

My wife & I spent our Anniversary at the Belvedere earlier in October...
I had, of course, mentioned, this fact to the personnel, in advance so that they could arrange something special for my wife... say no more, the Hotel went absolutely to town to ensure that that we had a most memorable Wedding Anniversary... the icing on the cake ( pun intended ), was that they organised a special Sicilian cake at the restaurant where we were dining !!
Apart from this aspect, the Hotel itself is so beautifully located, with a panoramic view of the sea & Mt. Etna..the staff & service, truly marvelous !!!
There are inadequate adjectives to describe the Hotel...
Once again, Christian & all your crew, who merrily sail the Belvedere ship, my wife & I doff our Caps !!!
PS: A special mention to your car parking staff... how do they manage the maneuvering ??

London
Reviewed October 28, 2009

This hotel is all that is required to make your stay in Taormina perfect. Great views, comfortable rooms and affordable. The pool area is a plus, and it will serve both families and couples well. I'm sure there are some decent four or five star stays in the town but this feels a bit more authentic and therefore it should be an option. Highly recommended.

Fareham, Hants
Reviewed October 25, 2009

This is a gem of a hotel.

Very clean, very friendly and nice (if not very simply appointed) rooms.

The staff are friendly, the pool area is lovely (but the pool is smaler than it looks in the photos and due to the shape difficult in swim in if you want to do lengths).

The pool side restsaraunt is a real oasis for Taormina and we ahd a couple of very pleseant lucnhes here .. I sort of excpected it would be the usual 'burger and chips' type place you get in many hotels .... but in fact it was very nicely cooked Italian food.

Breakfast is served in a nice room with a good selection of pastries, bread, ham, cheese, cereal, fruit .. my only (slight critisicm) is it gets a bit samey after you have been there for a while.

The rooms where adequate for our needs. Very clean. They are simple and lack a fridge or anywhere to store 'cool' things. The hotel say you can use their facilitries and the bar is open 24/7 should you need anything .. but you pay hotel prices for a cold drik or a coffee.

We stayed in Oct so is was nice during the day and pleasently cool at night.

The hotel do offer air con in the rooms .. but at 10euro a day I though this was expensive. We did not need it buit worth bearing in mind if you went in the summer.

A lovey hotel in a lovely location.

No frills but very friendly and i would recommend it

PS .. my only caveat it is has a tiny car park. We stayed in one location so did not need a car. If I was touring I would not have been happy with the parking situation which, at best, is chaotic as a large number of cars get parked in a small patio / hard standing out front of the hotel. It was not an issue for us .. more a cause of amusement !

Dublin
Reviewed October 21, 2009

I'm just back from a week stay in Villa Belvedere and was lovely. The hotel is spotless the cleanest I have ever stayed in, the minute we walked in you could tell how well cared for it is. The staff are extremely helpful at all times nothing is too much trouble. It rained when we were there for three days but the hotel is very comfortable with numerous places to sit and read or look out at the rain and the wonderful views. The pool area is great again spotless. The bathroom was a little small in our room, but the room and terrace were perfect. I would definitely recommed this hotel. The location is also excellent justa 5 minute walk from the main shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family