I booked this hotel as a gift for a friend at the start of January whilst we were all visiting Taormina. When I was booking it I was really surprised the prices were so good for what seemed to be such a nice room and was almost waiting to hear that it wasn't as good as on the website. But if anything it was better. I had also been concerned about whether it would be warm enough since Taormina hotels are often more set up for coolness than heat. However when I visited I was very surprised at how warm it was, perfect for my friends.
I spent a little time at the hotel myself and was impressed. The wifi was great and worked in the rooms as well as the lobby, in my experience this is unusual in Taormina. And I was also able to log in as a visitor which I really appreciated. The views from the room were lovely and the whole hotel had just the right balance between being clean but also very comfortable. When we ordered prosecco they offered to open the rooftop restaurant for us even though it was out of season - though the room was so pleasant we declined. They also delivered a range of snacks with the wine meaning we didn't need a starter when we went out for dinner. They thoughtfully put the meat separately from everything else as well which suited the veggies in the party. When we picked up a bottle of wine ourselves too they happily delivered glasses which some hotels are much less accommodating about. The staff in general were very nice as well and nothing was too much trouble. I also heard good reports about the breakfast but didn't get to try it myself!
The hotel were also good at dealing with emails etc about the booking and helping me to arrange paying for it as a gift.
Overall I would definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated a few metres from the historical center of Taormina, and a stone's throw from the main street (Corso Umberto) and the Congress Building; the hotel overlooks: The Bay of Naxos, Etna volcano, the public gardens and tennis courts.From 01/06/10 al 15/10/10, a fully equipped beach service is available free at the "Paradise Beach Club" lido in Letojanni (garden overlooking the sea with swimming pool) with a shuttle service at about 10 minutes from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Villa Paradiso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Paradiso Hotel Taormina
- Paradiso Hotel Taormina
- Villa Paradiso Taormina
- Hotel Villa Paradiso Taormina, Sicily