Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Eurostars Hotels
1,006 results
All reviews the cliff junior suite walk in wardrobe steep walk pool bar nice balcony amazing views corso umberto giardini naxos restaurants and shops hotel is in a great location sea view balconies town bay etna loungers
Selected filters
Reviewed October 22, 2019

Our experience of Taormina was tainted by our stay at this hotel. Hallways were dim and very hot with no air conditioning. Chunks of concrete were missing from the elevator shaft. Worst of all, when I woke with bug bites on my legs, we found small black bugs on the sheets. We reported it to the management who denied it could be true, reporting to us in an email that they inspected the room. However, they inspected the wrong room number and referred to us as demanding guests. No refunds, no compensation. Even though the view was lovely, this stay was a very negative experience.

Room tip: Find one without bugs in the bed
Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank JoAnne P
Reviewed October 19, 2019

Second visit and we were anxious after reading some of the reviews but Taormina and the Monte Tauro have lived up to expectations.
Arrived at 1pm and the room was ready, a couple of issues were quickly resolved to our satisfaction.
We were familiar with the steep slope up but it could be an issue.
All the staff are lovely, particularly the pool man who we remember from before. The pool hoover has been in action and the pool looks inviting.
Enjoyed the Italian Opera last night with a glass of wine in the interval overlooking the square.
We are looking forward to returning before too long.

Reviewed October 16, 2019

The view from this hotel was stunning. However it ends there. The pool looked lovely till you got close, it was full of algae. So no swimming. While the location of the hotel was close to restaurants shops and the English Garden it was down a very steep hill. They did provide a car to drive one up but not down. The rooms were in need of updating. The floors needed to be swept, no walking barefoot. The placement of the closet was no good, had to reach over the night table to access the left side of the closet. The balcony was not private, only a few low plants as a barrier. So no sitting outside in my pjs. The bathtub was totally unsafe. It was narrow, only half shower door that swung open. Nothing to hold on to. I tried to turn around and slipped and flipped out of the tub. After calling the front desk they gave me an ice pack and a cup of espresso. Asked if I wanted a doctor I said yes since I fell on my head and back. They sent one and his first comment to me was why did you call for me you should have gone to the hospital. This is what the front desk offered. Needles to say it was a cash only visit, and he didn’t even touch my head or back. Did a cursory neurological exam and left. The front desk never asked how I was feeling. We were there 3 nights! Never ever stay there. I gave it 1 star because of the view.

Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank Mddubbs
Reviewed October 14, 2019

The hotel is very lovely and has great views of the sea towards Giardini Naxos. Its situated in a great location near the hub of Taormina's nightlife, shopping, and restaurants. The hotel restaurant and bar had inconsistent hours so thats why I took off a star. The real downside is the hike up to the main street from the hotel. Its' not for elderly or those with mobility issues. We're in our 60's and were able to walk it, however, it could have been a real nightmare for those who couldn't. The hotel should offer a golf cart shuttle to the top. That's why I deducted another star. Lastly, there was an annoying noise in the wall of my room on the fourth floor. I didn't take off a star because I never reported it. I took a sleeping pill! Hope this helps others. Its a beautiful city.

Reviewed October 11, 2019

A great view from all of the rooms, however this hotel was obviously built in the 1970s and this shows through as it is evident that the hotel really does need some money spending on the decor as there are huge expanses of concrete everywhere. Overall the decor is not very inviting in any of the public rooms or your personal room.
During our stay we did not eat at the restaurant so I am not able to comment upon the quality of the food.
When using the pool area there are attendants and they are very willing to help set up sun loungers and ensure noise and positive behaviour standards are met by adults and children alike.
The hotel is built into the rock face of a hill and access to the reception is via a steep hill, however the staff will drive less able guests up the hill. The overwhelming positive has been all of the staff who are helpful to all guests.

Room tip: All rooms overlook the sea
2  Thank paul021964