Stayed at La Pensione Svizzera for my sister's wedding. First of all, Sicily is quite expensive, Taormina even more so. Having said that, I was very pleased with this hotel. The rooms were small but cozy. The staff were all good (although some spoke so so English). The breakfast was really good imo. The hotel is located some 50 meters away from the bus terminal, just next to the lift that will take you to the beach. The main street is just up the street a few 100 meters. Great view from the hotel along the cliff side of Taormina.
My grandmother, who has a seriously injured hip, was not that pleased as there are several stairs going in to the hotel and then more going to the rooms (and no elevator). So if you can't take stairs, don't stay there. Otherwise, this is your pick imo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Pensione Svizzera is a small charming hotel ideally located in Via Pirandello, the most central panoramic road of Taormina, where you'll find yourself. Only 4 minutes walk from the city centre and Corso Umberto, Taormina's main drag next to the cable-car that brings down to Mazzaro, Taormina's most popular beach, as well as to the busterminal leading to the white-sandy beaches in the surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel La Pensione Svizzera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Pensione Svizzera Taormina
- La Pensione Svizzera Hotel Taormina
- Hotel La Pensione Svizzera Taormina, Sicily