“Excellence”

Taormina Tourist Service - Tours
Ranked #8 of 36 Tours in Taormina
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover with me the historical centre of Taormina. We will take a walk and I will tell you anything about the main monuments of this lovely spot but also about Sicily and its long history and the customs of its inhabitants. I will also let you know everything about the Mount Etna, the view of which made Taormina so popular. Just come and I will be glad to show you other sites, provide new historical, social cultural perspective, and if you wish, highlight local food and wine as well.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Chiara is very knowledgeable and is able to speak several languages. She was prompt and courteous and was able to answer all our questions. We went to Siracusa and Ortiga and being with her made the trip so great because she knew right where to go and what to avoid to maximize our time there. She is worth every penny.

1  Thank joyce s
ChiaraRozzi, Owner at Taormina Tourist Service - Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear Joyce,

thank you so much for your compliments. Glad that you liked the tour. I tried to do my best to keep you as much as possible in the shade during my explanations, but we all succeeded to get tanned just jumping from one shade to the next one...! :)

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"information"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Our tour with Chiara was our first on our cruise. What a way to start our trip! We visited Naxos, Castelmola and Taromina. The views are breathtaking. We were very surprised as we did not know what to expect. Chiara was wonderful. She is full of knowledge of the region and is a certified guide as opposed to a driver/guide. She has a very easy personality and was a delight to be with for the day. We ate at a small local pizzeria and had pizza and aracini with butter and pistachios (fried rice ball - a typical Sicilian snack) while sitting on the steps in the piazza in Taormina. Wonderful! Having a smaller, private tour, we were able to go up the more scenic route that the buses could not take. I would highly recommend her.

2  Thank drnose
ChiaraRozzi, Owner at Taormina Tourist Service - Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

How nice to know you appriciated the tour..! For sure the weather helped us, too!
This kind of enthousiam gives me the will to keep on improving my knowledge and developing new itineraries for the future for my groups...!
Thank you. :)

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Our group was made up of 7 seniors in 80s and 90s and one in her 50s. We carried a wheel chair with us. Chiara picked us up at the pier and we drove to Mt. Etna, along the way, she gave us treasure trove of information, not only about Mt. Etna, also its difference from other types of volcanoes. We then went to Taormina for lunch. Chiara recommended a local restaurant, great service, some dishes were good, some so-so. I thought the price was a bit high but the most important thing is she planned ahead, we didn't have to worry about where to go. After lunch, she ordered taxi to take part of the group to Roman Theatre and some of us strolled with her to the theatre. She bought the tickets ahead of time so we did not have to wait in line. The walk through the ruins was difficult for some in our group but her talk was again informative and full of interesting stories. I am most impressed with her planning ahead and took the initiatives to make appropriate decisions. I will go back to Sicily with other friends and I will definitely hire Chiara to take us around.

1  Thank Cathy L
ChiaraRozzi, Owner at Taormina Tourist Service - Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Glad that you brought a nice memory of your short visit on Sicily back home...!
Sorry for the work in progress during the visit of the Greek-Roman theatre, I know that for some of you it was a long day...
Hope to see you soon with more time at disposal, maybe during a longer holiday on this beautiful island...!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Returning to Sicily, we headed next to the famous town of Taormina, a mountaintop tourist trap high above the Mediterranean Sea. But tourist traps are popular for a reason and the site was indeed spectacular and the seasonal hordes were still at sufferable levels. I had picked up a tiny bit of Italian over the week and I used it when I went to buy a ticket to visit the ruins of the Greek theater. “Ciao, Bella!” I said the old crone at the ticket window as I passed my seven Euros through the opening. She looked at me with a toothless grin and rang up a receipt for zero. “Grati,” she said (Free). Surely, I had charmed the old girl, since she could not possible have mistaken me for 65 years old, at which age admission is indeed free for all. The greek theater was amazing, with spectaculur views of the coast and of Mt Etna.

We elected not to hike to Castelmara, a town above Taormina perched atop a mountain like the head of a pin that looked like it should be occupied by flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz. We headed instead for the snow-covered lodge on the eastern flank of Mt. Etna. The roads were still dusted with ash from the eruption three days ago, but the lava flows had been limited to the south side of the mountain.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I initially went on a tour of Taormina with Chiara, including a visit to the Teatro Greco, and were so impressed we later hired her to take us round the Villa Romana del Casale in Piazza Armerina (where she is one of a number of fully accredited guides).

Chiara is obviously passionate about the history and culture of Sicily, and it really comes across in her enthusiastic explanations of even the smallest details. We took the tour of Taormina on our first day in Sicily, and from that got a real feel for the place that certainly enhanced our enjoyment of the town over the following days. As for our trip to Piazza Armerina (following which we took a short detour on the way home to Enna), Chiara was happy to drive us in our hire car all the way from Taormina and still had the energy to take us round and explain every single one of the beautiful mosaics on display.

The fact that Chiara was able to impart all this amazing knowledge in what is not even her "second" language (Chiara is first and foremost an excellent German speaker, and also offers tours in French and Spanish) was extremely impressive. She clearly enjoys speaking foreign languages, and made lots of effort to learn new things while she was with us to ensure she is able to communicate every detail to her clients.

All in all, we found her not only a thorough and informative host, but also a delight to be with during the day and a half we had with her.

ChiaraRozzi, Manager at Taormina Tourist Service - Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear family Whitaker,

it is exactly thank to guests like you that after 25 years I still enjoy my job and have fun with it...!
I will try to do my best to keep on learning, in order to have new and hopefully interesting things to tell in the future...!

Best wishes