“Tour of Taormina”

Taormina Tourist Service - Tours
Ranked #8 of 35 Tours in Taormina
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover with me the historical centre of Taormina. We will take a walk and I will tell you anything about the main monuments of this lovely spot but also about Sicily and its long history and the customs of its inhabitants. I will also let you know everything about the Mount Etna, the view of which made Taormina so popular. Just come and I will be glad to show you other sites, provide new historical, social cultural perspective, and if you wish, highlight local food and wine as well.
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
“Tour of Taormina”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Our guide was Chiara Rozzi. Taormina was the most beautiful stop on our trip down the Amalfi Coast and on to Sicily. Chiara made the city tour very interesting. She gave us vivid history/cultural lessons on the Greek to Roman rule of the city. She was very knowledgeable about her subject matter and very personal and pleasant to be with. Without a good guide, the ruins are just a pile of rocks. The ancient Greek Theatre came alive with her descriptions. She also recommended some great restaurants: La Griglia on Corso Umberto.

She made our visit to Taormina very much more meaningful than it would have been.

Ilene & Sam W.

Visited October 2012
ChiaraRozzi, Manager at Taormina Tourist Service - Tours, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
I am glad I succeeded to let you know better this beautiful town and I hope others will feel like to visit it also thanks to your review...!

• Greek first
Jyvaskyla, Finland
“An Excellent Honeymoon planned by Chiara Rozzi!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I will be forever thankful for Chiara's effort in arranging our honeymoon in Taormina, Sicily. She has an excellent network, amazing knowledge and experience in guiding newcomers like us to Sicily. Even though we have visited Italy before, I have never experienced anything so nice.
Without her perfect dedication for customer satisfaction, we would have been many times in troubles and we would have also missed the essentials of the Sicilian culture, heritage and the memorable stories that made the amazing history alive.
Her style is lively, funny yet very professional and the excellent language skills made it very easy to learn in a short time a lot more than we expected. She adjusts quickly to the needs and wishes, so we had more the feeling of visiting a close family member instead of playing only average tourists.
We had a perfect trip and honeymoon and will definately return.
I will gladly recommend Chiara's services and guidance for anybody wanting to experience the true Sisilian life.
Pia Kreus
Finland

Visited September 2012
ChiaraRozzi, Manager at Taormina Tourist Service - Tours, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear guests,
you were so lovely that telling you everything I could was just simple and natural, a real pleasure to respond to your enthousiasm with mine...!
I wish you all the best and hope to meet you soon again..!
Chiara
Szczecin, Poland
“Guiding with Chiara”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

It was a great time with Chiara in Taormina. She was guiding my group (a huge one) and all people were delighted of the city and Chiara. The young one and the old one. I wish I could work and translate her english more offten and I hope we will meet in Sicily next time.

Visited August 2012
ChiaraRozzi, Owner at Taormina Tourist Service - Tours, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
It was really a pleasure to guide such an educated and interested group of tourists llike yours and for me too it was also a nice experience to work with such a professional and prepared collegue ! Hope to see you soon again !
Sugar Land, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“CHIARA ROZZI - YOU ARE A FANTASTIC GUIDE!!!!!”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

What more can I say about Chiara... she is a wonderful travel guide. My family of 7 had the opportunity to spend the day in Sicily with Chiara and from the moment we met, we felt like we had known her for years. When we stepped off our cruise ship in Messina, we knew it was going to be a fantastic day. Chiara was there to meet us and she was so professional, knowledgeable, spoke excellent English and had a charming personality. We toured Mt. Etna and Taorima as well as other surrounding areas and had an amazing time. Our time spent in Sicily was so exciting and we owe it all to Chiara. If we ever return to Sicily, Chiara will be the first call we make. Thank you again for sharing your wonderful cities and towns in Sicily with my family and for everything you did to make our tour a day we will always remember!!!!

Visited June 2012
ChiaraRozzi, Owner at Taormina Tourist Service - Tours, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you so much for the compliments! Hope to meet you again ! It was a real pleasure for me to be your guide.
Hartford, Connecticut
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“Perfect Score”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Chiara helped my wife and I plan one of the most memorable vacations in many years.
Being in our early sixties, we have traveled extensively throughout Europe both as part of large tour group and individually on own own. If an expert experience is what you are looking for, I would have no reservations in reccomending Chiara as a personal or group guide. She even helped us make cooking class reservations.
Her personality, knowledge of the region history and acommodating nature were the perfect ingredients to insure that things exceeded our expectations.
By the way she likes Granita!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Steve C
Dear Mr Steve,
I am glad you appreciated my work and I hope you will send to me such nice clients as you were...! Thank you so much...! Chiara