After staying a few nights in Hotel Villa Carlotta in Taormina, which we loved, we were looking forward to staying by the beach. We chose this hotel as its location was perfect. This was the only good thing about it! The rooms were dirty, very tatty and tired! They called our room superior but as one of our friends said "It was more like Pontins"!. Very very disappointed as this is classed as a 4 star hotel and is almost a 2 star. The staff were not helpful, always tried to avoid eye contact. One of our rooms had stains over all the cushions on the chairs, skirting board hanging off the wall and the whole room including bathroom was dirty, They did move to another room which was only slightly better. We were recommended by reception to eat in the restaurant by the pool on our first night. It did have beautiful views and the food was average but 6 people £600! My only recommendation to anyone looking at this hotel is to stay somewhere else! Don't waste your money or your experience in Sicily which is beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grafted onto the bare rock lapped by the waves beneath, the hotel's location is a dream come true. Atahotel Capotaormina stands at the feet of the town of Taormina, overlooking the enchanting bay of Naxos. The "Naxos," "Alcantara" and "La Scogliera" restaurants offer a relaxing atmosphere and breathtaking views over the eastern coast. The "Svevo," "L'Approdo" and "Spiaggia" bars are the ideal place to relax. The gym, the Beauty Center and the Congress Center complete the offer in this small corner of paradise, perfect for those wanting a holiday in one of Italy's most famous resorts. The ideal place to organise unforgettable events. HOTEL: 190 rooms divided into Classic, Superior, Executive and Suites (1 Executive Suite, 1 Executive Apartment, 2 Superior Junior Suites and 2 Junior Suites). 4 Functional rooms dedicated to disabled guests. Restaurants "La Scogliera," "Naxos," "Alcantara" and bars "Svevo," "Spiaggia," "L'approdo." Private beach. Newsstand. Boutiques. Hairdresser. Internet Point. SPA & WELLNESS: Sauna, massages, and beauty treatments. Fitness Center with trainer. Outdoor whirlpool shaped in the rock for 14 people. ACTIVITIES AND ENTERTAINMENT: A purified sea-water pool overhanging the sea. Baby-sitter service upon request. MEETINGS, CONFERENCES & EVENTS: "Mamertina" plenary hall 450 seats. 2 Meeting rooms 160 seats. 1 Meeting room 30 seats. 2 Meeting rooms 10/15 seats. Exhibition area: 510 m2. "Rossa" meeting room: equipped for secretarial services. A wide range of proposals for any occasion. Dedicated areas for any type of event with modular rooms. Theme party dinners in personalized and exclusive areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atahotel Capotaormina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atahotel Capotaormina Taormina, Sicily
- Atahotel Capotaormina Hotel Taormina
- Hotel Capotaormina