We booked a transfer from the airport to the hotel and the driver was excellent, pointing out sights, giving us history lessons and telling us where to eat. The reception staff were friendly and gave us a brochure of trips that we could take during our stay when we checked in. The trips could be booked through reception and collection/drop off was from the hotel entrance.
Our garden view room actually looked out over the sea. The beach is a definite wow factor and the salt water pool was incredibly relaxing as no effort was required to stay afloat! I would recommend water shoes for the rocky beach. There is a wooden walkway between the sun loungers but it doesn't reach all the way to the water.
Breakfast - great. Lots to choose from and looking at Etna every morning from the terrace was wonderful.
Lunch in the hotel was a bit on the pricey side. We filled up at breakfast and kept room for dinner. There is a shop in the hotel lobby with sunscreen and various necessities, which was great as the hotel isn't beside any shops.
Getting up to Taormina was no problem as we were able to book seats on the bus everyday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grafted onto the bare rock lapped by the waves beneath, the hotel's location is a dream come true. Atahotel Capotaormina stands at the feet of the town of Taormina, overlooking the enchanting bay of Naxos. The "Naxos," "Alcantara" and "La Scogliera" restaurants offer a relaxing atmosphere and breathtaking views over the eastern coast. The "Svevo," "L'Approdo" and "Spiaggia" bars are the ideal place to relax. The gym, the Beauty Center and the Congress Center complete the offer in this small corner of paradise, perfect for those wanting a holiday in one of Italy's most famous resorts. The ideal place to organise unforgettable events. HOTEL: 190 rooms divided into Classic, Superior, Executive and Suites (1 Executive Suite, 1 Executive Apartment, 2 Superior Junior Suites and 2 Junior Suites). 4 Functional rooms dedicated to disabled guests. Restaurants "La Scogliera," "Naxos," "Alcantara" and bars "Svevo," "Spiaggia," "L'approdo." Private beach. Newsstand. Boutiques. Hairdresser. Internet Point. SPA & WELLNESS: Sauna, massages, and beauty treatments. Fitness Center with trainer. Outdoor whirlpool shaped in the rock for 14 people. ACTIVITIES AND ENTERTAINMENT: A purified sea-water pool overhanging the sea. Baby-sitter service upon request. MEETINGS, CONFERENCES & EVENTS: "Mamertina" plenary hall 450 seats. 2 Meeting rooms 160 seats. 1 Meeting room 30 seats. 2 Meeting rooms 10/15 seats. Exhibition area: 510 m2. "Rossa" meeting room: equipped for secretarial services. A wide range of proposals for any occasion. Dedicated areas for any type of event with modular rooms. Theme party dinners in personalized and exclusive areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atahotel Capotaormina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atahotel Capotaormina Taormina, Sicily
- Atahotel Capotaormina Hotel Taormina
- Hotel Capotaormina