The location of the hotel is really good, very close to Taormina, which is a cute village. The hotel is built on a steep hill, so the view is great with Mt Etna across. The beach was very good, crystal clear water. The staff of the hotel was friendly and respectful. However, when we requested some additional toiletry for our room, the reception told us they could not send anyone to our room. So, we went to the reception to get the things. In such an expensive hotel, I would not expect such an issue with the room service. Also, the drinks and food in the hotel was expensive, but this was expected. The decoration of the rooms was outdated. We did not spend much time in the room, but still the room price increased our expectations. It all adds up to the first impression of the hotel.
Overall, it was a nice hotel, but the price/quality ratio is low. With these prices, you can go to other countries for beach vacation and stay in higher quality hotels with excellent service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grafted onto the bare rock lapped by the waves beneath, the hotel's location is a dream come true. Atahotel Capotaormina stands at the feet of the town of Taormina, overlooking the enchanting bay of Naxos. The "Naxos," "Alcantara" and "La Scogliera" restaurants offer a relaxing atmosphere and breathtaking views over the eastern coast. The "Svevo," "L'Approdo" and "Spiaggia" bars are the ideal place to relax. The gym, the Beauty Center and the Congress Center complete the offer in this small corner of paradise, perfect for those wanting a holiday in one of Italy's most famous resorts. The ideal place to organise unforgettable events. HOTEL: 190 rooms divided into Classic, Superior, Executive and Suites (1 Executive Suite, 1 Executive Apartment, 2 Superior Junior Suites and 2 Junior Suites). 4 Functional rooms dedicated to disabled guests. Restaurants "La Scogliera," "Naxos," "Alcantara" and bars "Svevo," "Spiaggia," "L'approdo." Private beach. Newsstand. Boutiques. Hairdresser. Internet Point. SPA & WELLNESS: Sauna, massages, and beauty treatments. Fitness Center with trainer. Outdoor whirlpool shaped in the rock for 14 people. ACTIVITIES AND ENTERTAINMENT: A purified sea-water pool overhanging the sea. Baby-sitter service upon request. MEETINGS, CONFERENCES & EVENTS: "Mamertina" plenary hall 450 seats. 2 Meeting rooms 160 seats. 1 Meeting room 30 seats. 2 Meeting rooms 10/15 seats. Exhibition area: 510 m2. "Rossa" meeting room: equipped for secretarial services. A wide range of proposals for any occasion. Dedicated areas for any type of event with modular rooms. Theme party dinners in personalized and exclusive areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Atahotel Capotaormina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atahotel Capotaormina Taormina, Sicily
- Atahotel Capotaormina Hotel Taormina
- Hotel Capotaormina