“THE place for awesome cannoli.”

Laboratorio Pasticceria Roberto
Ranked #2 of 6 Bakeries in Taormina
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Me and la maladroite have been trying cannoli all over sicily (Palermo, Trapani, Agrigento, Catania, etc...). So we went to this place looking explicitely for this sicilian dessert. We went in, il signore e il ragazzo were really kind, we ordered 2 canoli that looked awesome and at the first bite we knew this are the best cannoli in Sicily. They were so good that I had 7 (finishing my last one as I write this review) The ricota from the canoli was simply that, ricota, no chocolate chips or pieces of orange sweet. The almond bits which top the ricota in the canoli are a nice touch since the ricota is not overly sweet as it is in other places. Finally the pastry dough from this cannoli is unique, the best, it is awesome.

P.S. I must admit that after 7 cannoli I won't be eating in a week.

2  Thank Gourmand_le
There are newer reviews for Laboratorio Pasticceria Roberto

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Absolutely the best canoli you've ever tasted!! All his pastries are delicious. We stayed in Taormina 10 days and just about stopped in to Roberto's everyday! Besides great goodies , Roberto recommended some really good places to eat! He was on the money on all recommendations. A very friendly and social guy, he literally gave me a shirt of his back!!Hpoe to stop again in the near future! Don't pass this place up if your in Taormina.....Roberto from New York

4  Thank russell333
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The four of us discovered Robertos' on our first day in Taormina, and went back every day of our trip. And we brought a goodie package for the trip home. Roberto sent us to some great restaurants in Taormina and even Castelmola.... there's nohing like local knowledge! Very friendly and fun atmosphere. If you stop in, tell Roberto that Gregorio & Roberto from upstate New York said hello. Hope to be back soon Roberto - maybe next year!

3  Thank GregCorio
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Roberto has created a cannoli that is vastly superior to anything else in town. Freshly made it even impressed me and I don't usually like sweet pastries!

1  Thank chelms4dian
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I mean this cannolo was just beyond words. Could have two a day for the rest of my life. Roberto also seems to be a charmer.

2  Thank BkTraveler09