“An arrogant way of treating customers”
Review of Pasticceria Chemi

Pasticceria Chemi
Ranked #21 of 22 Dessert in Taormina
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This pasticceria was the only thing which marred my experience in Taormina (which I visited one afternoon on Sunday, 29th September 2013).

I was in a bit of a hurry and opted for a packet of sweets (torroncini). Before the cashier started wrapping up the sweets' box I queried if they accept Visa at which she replied that Visa are only accepted for purchases over €20. Now that to me is already stupid and devoid of any sense or logic for reasons which I will not bother to explain into various lengths here. Told her that it's ok and she started wrapping the sweets box while I was making sure I had enough cash for the rest of holiday. It was only then that I realised that I was low on cash. Meanwhile the cashier had already wrapped the item and, quite nervously, was waiting for me to hand over the cash. When I politely told her that I won't be able to pay in cash but only in Visa, she started being arrogant and blurted something to her colleagues in a heavy Sicilian accent which I did not manage to get but which looked like a bad remark about me. Finally, she accepted my Visa but still looked fidgety to which I told her to stop being arrogant as this was not the way to treat clients.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stopped in for a Prosecco before our dinner reservations and found this spot so entertaining we ended up staying for a couple of drinks. Our amusing server was delightful and he brought us treats of nuts, olives and sweets. It was also one the best spots for people watching. A very enjoyable place to pass some time.

2  Thank Ellie M
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Very pleasant place for puddings, gelati, tea, coffee etc -- with great, amusing waiter. Best to park yourself in the sitting area on the other side of the Corso Umberto -- and watch the world go by.

1  Thank danilovsky
Reviewed July 16, 2013

all kind of tasty mandorla pasticerie, good service, amazing boxes for present, a sweet experience. Besides all of this, the place around is really nice, in the main shopping street of Taormina.

2  Thank Vanessa R
Reviewed July 9, 2013

On a sweltering hot day in Taormina last week we stopped off here for a cooling granita. The shop has a covered seating area on the other side of Corso Umberto which is just the job for a break from walking around the town.

We both had a granita, and they were lovely - as good as any others we had on our stay. The service was prompt and friendly. Would definitely go back there.

1  Thank Steve W