$415
Hotel Taodomus(Taormina)
$225
$213
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel San Pietro(Taormina)
$404
$344
$227
$214
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 51% below average rates

The price you found is 51% lower than this hotel's average rate of $438/night.

$1,169
$549
Savings alert! 54% below average rates

The price you found is 54% lower than this hotel's average rate of $1,196/night.

$557
$464
Orbitz.com
$733
$597
Travelocity
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $880/night.

$206
$197
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $317/night.

$722
$664
Priceline
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
All reviewsinfinity poolrain showerwonderful hotelquiet hotelbusy townrooftop restaurantperfect locationhuge balconyloved this hotelrooms are smallan amazing viewmain partperfect stayoverlooking the seamt etnaviewseuros
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We have just returned from our first trip to Sicily and wouldn't hesitate to recommend The Ashbee. Ideally located close to Corso Umberto, the gated entrance lends an air of security and privacy and we loved being so close to the many shops and restaurants that Taormina offers. The building itself is stunning and our room (in the newer extension) was gorgeous - stylish and spotless. I loved the attention to detail - especially the Ortigia toiletries and powerful hairdryer in the bathroom. All staff were lovely and helpful, assisting with airport transfers and recommending a guide for a day trip etc. The pool is small but set in lovely gardens with a spectacular view. Perhaps my only (small) criticism would be the very limited lunch and room service menu. The salads offered were delicious but there is not a huge choice so it could be a slight problem if you wanted to eat at the hotel more than once or twice. This didn't really matter to us though as the hotel is so close to town. Hope to return soon!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KH44
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Ashbee hotel whilst getting married in Taormina. Our wedding planners Tony and Isabella from weddinginsicily.ie who recommended the hotel. It really did not disappoint we got married in the adjoining church San Pancrazio. The day of the wedding was made so special and relaxed thanks to the staff at the Ashbee particularly Irene. She was so helpful not only on the day but throughout our stay she is a real asset to the hotel. The room and balcony were stunning and the pool area is beautiful. It has to be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The location is fantastic and we have some fantastic wedding photos at the hotel. We cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank curlielou
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I want to start off by giving the highest praise possible to Irene, Danilo and Valerio from the Front Office (especially Irene !!); my dates and room choice were in rather constant flux, due to my job and a leg injury . .. and they were unfailingly helpful, pleasant and incredibly patient with my ever-changing schedule (I think I would have been tearing my hair out at me!!). Nothing ever seemed to be too much trouble for them (including organising tours and even the doctor for me .. and they even read through the small print on the meds to help).I must say, all the staff seemed very friendly, polite and upbeat.

I stayed in The Ashbee Suite - which is gorgeous and perfect for an extended visit. In addition to a good sized lounge area (and bedroom), there are 2 bathrooms and a terrace overlooking the grounds/ sea. The housekeeping keep the Hotel and rooms pristinely clean - and the grounds and buildings are stunning. I loved that the Hotel has private, secure gates for entry/exit . As The Ashbee sits just off a busy road, it gives an extra exclusivity to the property.

I ate at the restaurant twice. The food was ok; fittingly formal for the setting .. but as a non meat eater, the choice was rather limited. I would love to see a few more dishes being added to the mix ( if I had wanted to eat regularly there, it would have meant eating the same few dishes over). Like-wise, the room service list is very small. That said, the restaurant is new to this season - and I am sure will develop and change over time (and I do appreciate that the extent of the room service is probably due to the small, boutique number of rooms).These are small suggestions to better what is already a fabulous Hotel however ...

Location-wise, the Hotel is a short (but steep) walk to all the main shops (and the Greek Theatre) in Taormina : a perfect setting of being close enought to stroll to the shops or restaurants, but away from the large crowds and tour companies of the town.

After spending a week in Taormina and seeing the locations and style/s of other Hotels .. I wouldn't stay anywhere other than The Ashbee : it is a truly beautiful Hotel, with first class service and friendliness to match. Loved it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Oslab2000
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Whilst it was a lovely setting we felt that the welcome and service The Ashbee offered were not commensurate with the price.

Some of our quibbles sound quite minimal but, in unison, they gave us a rather sour taste which means I would not recommend staying at the Ashbee to anyone.

Firstly, on arrival we were offered a welcome drink before we checked in to our rooms. Because it was very late we asked if we could have it tomorrow instead and were told we couldn’t because it was a “welcome” drink. The implication that tomorrow we would not be welcome made us chuckle - but their inflexibility and intransigence was rather an unfortunate start.

Secondly, there was no complimentary bottled water in the rooms – which I thought would not have been too much to ask, given the price we were paying.

Thirdly, our first room was really noisy because it was newly built and the sound proofing between the floors was non-existent. There were also no carpets to absorb the sound. Some rather flat-footed guests who had a predilection for early-morning furniture rearrangement gave us a couple of sleepless nights. I complained and was initially offered a more expensive room if I paid the difference – not a very attractive prospect or a very tactful one! We were eventually moved to an older part of the complex (some other poor guests due to check in to our new room that day got our old room). I think I would have despaired had we not been lucky enough to be moved.

Fourthly, we were rather abruptly/curtly told not to eat a packet of crisps by the pool because all food and drinks should be bought from the pool bar at vast expense. I thought, again, this was rather unfriendly – fair enough if we had been eating a family-sized McDonalds and throwing it around the place. We really didn’t want to spank away extra tens of Euros on their rather fussy snacks or their very pricey drinks – so we were reduced to covertly taking sips out of bottled water we bought from the local shop.

Fifthly, we asked at breakfast if we could have a boiled egg (singular) instead of the rubbery scrambled egg on offer – and were told yes, but it would be charged to the room at Ten Euros a pop!

Finally, we asked if we could park our hire car in the rather ample parking area and were told it would cost 20 Euros a day – which I felt was pretty mean considering the amount we were paying already.

There were other things – such as being forced to listen to the same insipid CD (replete with scratch) being played in all communal areas on repeat for days on end, the staff’s insistence on clearing away breakfast at 10.30am on the dot, or even before (again, showing a lack of flexibility) . . .

All of the above meant a stay tinged with a bit of resentment and awkwardness. The whole experience was unfriendly, pretentious and unwelcoming.

Room Tip: Ask for one in the older block - not the new block which sits on the left of the main entrance. If you do have to have a room in the new block, ask for one on the top floor and as far away from the (very noisy) road as possible.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Alex S
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights and had an amazing stay. It was a magnificent hotel and it was in a perfect location. The rooms are beautifully decorated. The pool area is great. Our only complaint was that there were not enough lounge chairs for everyone at the hotel so you would have to wake up early to put a towel down to assure your spot. Also they should have more staff around the pool area for drinks and so forth. Other than that this place was perfect and the best in taoromina!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012