You are transported in time to a gentle, quiet, elegant time. We loved the character of this old monestery turned hotel. It is higher priced than most sicilian hotels, but it's Taormina and touristy, so it's expected. Having said that, it's beautiful and grand and elegant. We loved the panoramic view from our quaint room, enjoyed breakfast on the hotel patio as well as drinks with friends in the courtyard. The air conditioning could use some tweaking, but it's Sicily where that is really not a priority. We enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A LUXURY 5-STAR HOTEL ON THE EAST COAST OF SICILY The San Domenico Palace Hotel sits in a truly magnificent setting that has attracted people from ancient times. A luxury 5-star hotel in an ancient Dominican monastery, it has views over Mount Etna and Taormina Bay on the east coast of Sicily not far from Messina. Countless famous writers, artists and composers, came here to savour this unique spot at the very tip of Italy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ and Travelocity so you can book your San Domenico Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo San Domenico Taormina
- Palazzo San Domenico Hotel Taormina
- San Domenico Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily