This is a great hotel with a wonderful atrium off the lobby, serving drinks during cocktail hour. The rooms are all different with some being small and no balcony as was mine. I had a garden view which was lovely. I wanted to be on the first floor to avoid walking up steps. The rooms on the second floor had balconies with views of the sea. All rooms are different which adds to the charm of the hotel. No cookie-cutter rooms here like the chain hotels. The buffet breakfast was quite lavish and extensive. There was outdoor seating also. The garden at the back of the hotel was beautiful and tranquil with views of the sea. There were discrete seating areas where you could sit and read or just relax with a feeling of being in a private garden. The location of the hotel is very conveniently located near the main pedestrian shopping areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A LUXURY 5-STAR HOTEL ON THE EAST COAST OF SICILY The San Domenico Palace Hotel sits in a truly magnificent setting that has attracted people from ancient times. A luxury 5-star hotel in an ancient Dominican monastery, it has views over Mount Etna and Taormina Bay on the east coast of Sicily not far from Messina. Countless famous writers, artists and composers, came here to savour this unique spot at the very tip of Italy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your San Domenico Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo San Domenico Taormina
- Palazzo San Domenico Hotel Taormina
- San Domenico Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily