Beautiful hotel in Taormina if you can find it! Our GPS got us close by, but we were right next to it when it said to go around the block. If you drive there, the hotel suggested you put the police station in the GPS and it will easily get you to the property. We were so delighted to walk into the lovely lobby area and be greeted so warmly by the Reception Desk personnel. Once there, it was like an oasis. Close to everything, but far enough away to be peaceful and quiet. It use to be a Domenican Monestary and they have many relics lying around the beautiful garden retreat areas and hallways.
The room was lovely but I have to truly give the Reception Staff a great big thank you! I left my new mini IPad on the airplane in Rome before flying to Sicily. Right before we got to Taormina, I got an email back from Alitalia that they had indeed found my IPad. I researched online to find a courier to pick up my IPad at the Rome Airport and ship it to our last stop in Amalfi. I needed copies several items plus a letter authorizing the courier service to pick it up. The hotel accomodated me by making copies and scanning them for me to send to both the courier service as well as Alitalia. Of course, nothing was easy, so the hotel had to resend it to them directly as it was probably too large a file to forward on my phone. They did it and were so gracious about helping me - and they were very busy all the time, so it wasn't as if they had nothing else to do. I was so very grateful to them and want to give a shout out to Katerina (I think) and another woman at the desk! They made my vacation so much more enjoyable knowing I didn't have to run around looking for a place where I could do all the paperwork. Plus, such a great hotel in all respects.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A LUXURY 5-STAR HOTEL ON THE EAST COAST OF SICILY The San Domenico Palace Hotel sits in a truly magnificent setting that has attracted people from ancient times. A luxury 5-star hotel in an ancient Dominican monastery, it has views over Mount Etna and Taormina Bay on the east coast of Sicily not far from Messina. Countless famous writers, artists and composers, came here to savour this unique spot at the very tip of Italy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your San Domenico Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo San Domenico Taormina
- Palazzo San Domenico Hotel Taormina
- San Domenico Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily