I stayed here at the end of May with my boyfriend and we agreed that it was truly one of the most spectacular places we have ever stayed. As a lovers of history and architecture, we were delighted by the hotel's location within a former monastery. A very unique experience. The cloisters surround lush little courtyards overgrown with bougainvillea and creeping vines. The garden, perched on a cliff that overlooks the Mediterranean, was a flash of Eden: rose bushes, orange trees, birds of Paradise, hedges made of lavender. The smell! We found the room charming and clean if not huge. The service was excellent. We were very well taken care of and the staff was extremely helpful.
Note: I am not into swanky modern hotels with tons of amenities and huge suites. If you are, this might not be the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A LUXURY 5-STAR HOTEL ON THE EAST COAST OF SICILY The San Domenico Palace Hotel sits in a truly magnificent setting that has attracted people from ancient times. A luxury 5-star hotel in an ancient Dominican monastery, it has views over Mount Etna and Taormina Bay on the east coast of Sicily not far from Messina. Countless famous writers, artists and composers, came here to savour this unique spot at the very tip of Italy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Priceline, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your San Domenico Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo San Domenico Taormina
- Palazzo San Domenico Hotel Taormina
- San Domenico Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily