“Very good pizza - not cheap though”
Review of La Botte

La Botte
Ranked #139 of 278 Restaurants in Taormina
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tipical Sicilian dishes, fresh fish, pasta, pizza
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Pizza's were awesome and there's a good selection to choose from. didn't try other stuff but they have everything. They have a 2.5 Euros cover charge per head which seems excessive. otherwise a very good experience - and the best pizza i had during a 7 day stay in sicily.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

This resturant is the best. If you like seafood they have the freshest in town and they prepare it just perfect. We had at least 5 or 6 different fish and they all were the best. The service is impeccable and full attention is given to their guests. Also they have a super wine selection from all over Italy. We will definitly go back the next trip to Taormina. Bellisimo, Thanks

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very traditional and in a lovely little square near the street to the Greek theatre. I would stick to pizza - we did - which was good though by no means the best I have had in Italy. The other dishes looked pretty ordinary. It's cheap and cheerful.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We ate here in the day and in the evening, and loved it both times. It has a great atmosphere in the evenings. Reasonable prices although not the cheapest in town.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

During my 3 week stay this was one of the few places in Taormina I felt like coming back. I had my lunch there about 4 times. Never tried the dinner, though, so I do not know what the place is like in the evening. The service is fast, they take your order within seconds and a glance is enough to signal that you want to pay and leave. Yet, I never felt that I was being rushed, though sometimes the place was packed. They would explain you the menu if you ask, the staff is patient and talks to you in Italian, they do not pass on to English if they feel that you want to practice your Italian. Honest. At least was to me, when I asked, they honestly told what is fresh and what comes from the freezer, leaving the choice to me. The food was always very good.
What they never had was the draught beer, but then the bottled beer was always really cold (not always the case in Taormina). The coperto is pretty high, taking into account the fact, that it is a bit on the pricey side anyway and there is not much of an atmosphere or views. There was nothing complementary either, at least not in the lunchtime.