“Very good restaurant!”
Review of La Botte

La Botte
Ranked #142 of 276 Restaurants in Taormina
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tipical Sicilian dishes, fresh fish, pasta, pizza
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I went there my first week in Taormina and I couldnt keep my handy off it for all the next weeks! I liked the service very much. You can eat there almost everything. The Seafood is excellent! Also the deposit is the best I know in Taormina. It's located at a calm and peacefull place. Whenever I'll go back to Taormina La Botte will be my first place for dinner!!!! Try it out!

There are newer reviews for La Botte

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Well after nearly a week enjoying the delights that Taormina has to offer we decided to finish our stay with a decent meal so that we could thank our friends properly for their hospitality. They had suggested La Botte as they had only heard glowing reports so that was good enough for us. Oh so right they were! This place is wonderful and I cannot recommend it highly enough. The atmosphere, choice and presentation of food, location, the attentitive but not overbearing service (always friendly). La Botte was indeed the perfect end to our stay in this beautiful town. Maybe I should have been more adventurous than the pizza I ordered but having said that it was absolutely delicious. We would love a La Botte in our town but until then we will probably have to come back again.... there are worst things in life! Go visit and soak it all up, you will not be disappointed. Thank you La Botte.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

A real typical family run Sicilian restaurant, perfect location as it is in the centre of town but away from the bussle of the main shopping street, The food was excellent, there is a large antipasta buffet filled with typical sicilian foods that you can choose for a starter, the fish baked in salt was delicious, they bring it to your table, hit the salt crust with a wooden hammer to remove it and the fish is delicious and moist, There is a good selection of wines and they were very helpful in reccomending a wine to suit our food and our own personal taste,
We returned twice to the restuarant during our stay and each time the food and service was excellent, we will definately return to Taormina in the future and La botte will be our first stop!!

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

The reviews that some people give this restaurant make me laugh - EVERYWHERE in Taormina is fairly expensive to eat; the price of this restaurant is moderate.
Really liked the family-run feel of this place. All the staff were amiable and not fake - just good service. They don't have someone out on the street trying to get diners in like so many of the restaurants you pass to get to this one - decent establishments don't need it!
Great pizzas €9-11 and they do a lovely mixed side salad or a rocket/parmesan side too.
Mum and I liked it so much that we went back for a 2nd time.

1  Thank Sam1086376
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We picked this restaurant at random as there are so many (similar-looking) restaurants in the area.

The menu is quite complete and the owner/patron was friendly. We received our food in time, maybe a little late, but so far not too much to complain about.

On the other hand, the bread was old (amazing in a place with such turnover) and the prices really high, both food, drinks, service charge, everything. What you get in return is some passable food. It's definitely not the worst I've had in Sicily, but far from the best either. It's just way too pricy for what you get.

Biggest let-down was the bad service we got later on, a grumpy waitress with no English skills which seemed not too pleased by my lack of Italian (if you mind, please don't work in a touristy place), and a bill that included stuff we ordered but didn't receive.

It's not downright terrible, but there also isn't any reason to go here unless you're bulking in cash, you're dying of hunger and everything else is closed.