“Great begining of our 10 day Mediterranean cruise”

Sicily Tours & Taxi Taormina
Ranked #1 of 14 Food & Drink in Taormina
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tours.I invite you to come along with me to explore every corner and aspect of this land, to know our amazing history, to meet our hospitable people, to savor our unique wine and cuisine, to gaze upon our breathtaking vistas, to be cooled by our soft sea breezes, and to learn from a son of Sicily the vast beauties of my land, "La Bella Sicilia".
Useful Information: Activities for older children
New York City, New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great begining of our 10 day Mediterranean cruise”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We've been e-mailing with Roberto for weeks prior to our tour. He was very accommodating to what we wanted for our day in Sicily. Carmelo, our driver, exceeded our expectations . This was our first private tour .He started out as a driver, became a great tour guide and by the end of the day was a friend. This company has their act together...very professional, knowledgeable and fun. We very highly recommend them. They made our trip memorable in a comfortable Mercedes van. We were able to go places that we couldn't go in a large tour bus or with a large group. Got to see Taormina, Castelmola ,the port of Messina and much more on May 18, 2013. Thanks for the memories-The Cappellos & Bowers

Visited May 2013
Excursions_TaRoB, Proprietario at Sicily Tours & Taxi Taormina, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
SICILY ASHORE TOUR:

Hello dear Cappello Family,
I would like to thank you one more time to give to us your preference, we was pleased to take care of your first ashore private tour.
Apologize for my belated mail, at moment it is our busy season.
I hope to see you here in Sicily more times to give us opportunity to show you more about our fantastic land. believe me here there are a lot to do and to see, also to enjoy and have fun time.
my best regard to you and all family, take care.
Roberto
by Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tour.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
mackay
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Mad if you don't”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were docked in Taormina for the day and the six of us had one of the best days of our trip with Roberto. He has an immaculate Mercedes Van and we even got promoted to be allowed to open a door at the end of the day:-) faultless day with a highly personable bloke. From the early morning coffee in the beachfront to the excellent restaurant he took us too for a late lunch and vino it was ripper day in a beautiful part of Sicily. We will be back for sure. Bellisimo!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank scoop1962
Excursions_TaRoB, Proprietario at Sicily Tours & Taxi Taormina, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Hello dear Guests,

First of all I want to thank you for your review posted on Trip Advisor.
It was my pleasure to meet you here in Sicily and to show all that was possible in that short time, our Island, since need more time to enjoy it and I hope you can have a possibilty to do it in next future., I really hope to meet you and friends here in Sicily to have more time to meet our uses, culture history, food and wine.....
Best Regards.
Roberto by Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tours.
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Grazie, Roberto for a lovely day in Sicily!!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had a wonderful day with Roberto visiting Mount Etna and the Barone di Villagrande family wine estate. Roberto is knowledgeable, professional, and a joy to spend the day with.

You are missing out on your trip to Sicily if you don't visit Mount Etna. You can make comparisons to the Big Island of Hawaii or parts of Iceland, but it is truly something unique and spectacular.

I also want to provide complements to the Barone de Villagrande winery which was selected by Roberto. The estate is beautiful, the wine is outstanding, and the family is absolutely lovely. I would consider this to be the top winery I've visited.

Roberto also arranged our airport transfers and everything went smoothly. A tour with Roberto is a must on any visit to Sicily. Make sure to ask him for dining recommendations as well!!

Roberto, we hope to see you again soon. Maybe for a wedding, maybe just for some more wine!!!

Ciao Dear Melissa,
I would like to thank you for the great review posted on TripAdvisor,
We enjoyed a fabulous day, thanks also to the good weather and the atmosphere of Villagrande winery, unique for its wines and the scenery of his secular garden.
I could not ask for more from that day, I spent a relaxing day with three beautiful women,
who were very curious to learn the customs and the tradition also little history of our people and our island. In addition, a full immersion in the good Etna wine with a typical food of the area.
I hope to be useful in next future...
Warmest regards,
Roberto by Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tours.
Boston
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“Roberto: There aren't enough superlatives to describe him”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Last fall in preparation for a trip to Sicily that my husband and I planned to take with another couple, I looked on Trip Advisor for drivers/guides. I contacted Roberto and three other highly rated tour companies. After a number of email exchanges with them, it became clear that Roberto was the most responsive, helpful and knowledgeable. Now that we're back from 8 days in Sicily, I know for sure that we made the right decision. Our trip to Sicily was absolutely delightful because of the always pleasant and highly adaptable Roberto. His suggestions of sites to see, amount of time needed to travel, places to eat, etc. were impeccable. Besides driving us to/from the Palermo and Catania airports at the beginning and the end of our trip, he was our driver - and delightful companion - in Palermo and its nearby sites, to Argigento, Siracusa, Taormina, Mt. Etna and various places along the way. He's an excellent driver, has a spotless Mercedes Viano van and always arrives on time. As he worked as a chef for many years, he can suggest just the right places for divine cookies, granita, gelato, olive oil, etc. He also arranged for trained tour guides in Palermo and Piazza Armerina. Guisi (Josie), our guide in the Palermo/Trapani area, was outstanding. Besides being highly intelligent and knowledgeable, she is an absolutely delightful person and great company. She and Roberto make a great team. If you're going to Sicily, by all means get in touch with him. Besides organizing a trip like ours, I learned that he can plan a cooking tour. Given that, I just might have to pack my bags and head off to Sicily again...

Hello dear Beth,

Thank you to give me a choice to organize all your trip in Sicily.
I was pleased to do it and to exchange many mails with you before finalize all in details.
I love to adapt, customize to meet each individual needs.
Let me tell you many thanks for your fabulous review.
I enjoyed your company with John and Susan with her husband.
I was glad to satisfy your wishes for this trip.
I hope to can have more times to spend and enjoy here in Sicily next future.
I bring to you and all the Kind regards from Joise.
Roberto by Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tours
Gloucester, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wonderful experiences in beautiful Taormina !”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Making our private tour arrangements with Roberto was a very pleasant experience. He is most accommodating , even called us in the States to confirm what tours we had discussed through emails . We truly enjoyed both the Godfather Tour and the day trip to AGRIGENTO ! Roberto made us feel right at home in beautiful Taormina, sharing his culture, the delicious food and amazing architecture! We had a great time with Roberto, our Sicilian friend! Grazie!!!

2 Thank JoanDeBene
Hello dear Joan,

Apologize me for my belated answer, to busy.
I would like to thank you to give me your preference, it was my pleasure to show you a bit of our Island, I enjoy the time past with you and family.
I hope to see you in next future here in Sicily to continued to show some more place and to enjoy more time.
Roberto