“Excellent Trip!”

Sicily Tours & Taxi Taormina
Ranked #1 of 14 Food & Drink in Taormina
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tours.I invite you to come along with me to explore every corner and aspect of this land, to know our amazing history, to meet our hospitable people, to savor our unique wine and cuisine, to gaze upon our breathtaking vistas, to be cooled by our soft sea breezes, and to learn from a son of Sicily the vast beauties of my land, "La Bella Sicilia".
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Communication with Roberto was great before the trip and booking was easy. Carmelo was professional, informative and fun! We were able to see things that other folks on the cruise ship were not able to because of small roads and inability of large buses to access. We had an amazing time and I would do again in a second when we come back.

Thanks Carmelo!!!

3  Thank Larry B
Excursions_TaRoB, Proprietario at Sicily Tours & Taxi Taormina, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Sicily Ashore Tours

Hello dear Guest,

First of all I want to Thank you to write this your wounderful review. Grazie Mille.
I seen you write the title " Excellent" this mean we did a good job.
It was our pleasure to can take care of your ashore tour, Carmelo are one very good Driver/escort.
I hope to see you again in this land in next future. A world of wishes.
Sincerely your,
Taxi Taormina & sicily Tours.

There are newer reviews for Sicily Tours & Taxi Taormina

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We, (4 female family & friends from Australia), spent 5 days this April in beautiful Taormina. During that time we took many tours with the wonderful Roberto including two amazing private tours from Taormina, a scenic transfer from Catania airport to our hotel in Taormina and a transfer back to Catania airport at the end of our stay. The scenic transfer from the airport was an ideal introduction to Sicily and took us through places including Catania and Giardini Naxos which we would not otherwise had time to see during our short stay.
The two private tours were the Mount Etna (Volcano tour) and The Godfather Villages tour (we visited Savoca, Forza D'Agro and Castelmola). Both tours were outstanding and the scenery was stunning, not to mention the gorgeous food Roberto arranged for us to sample at the honey farm. He also made some great recommendations on what to do and where to go in Taormina when we were by ourselves. Roberto has an extraordinary knowledge of Sicilian history, culture and cuisine (he previously worked as a chef) and has a wonderful, warm demeanor. He imparted a multitude of interesting facts and stories, in a manner that kept us attentive and fascinated by catering to all of our different tastes and ages. He was also pretty handy with a camera (& ipad) and took some beautiful photos for us along the way (mi dispiace that in some photos we weren’t as stunning as the scenery!). Roberto takes pride in his country and his work, was always punctual and went out of his way to make our tours and time in Taormina as enjoyable and memorable as possible. We had many great conversations and his great sense of humour meant we had lots of laughs too! We highly recommend Roberto and Taxis Taormina as his knowledge and tours were part of the reason we really loved Taormina. He made it a holiday.
Thank you very much Roberto. We had a fantastic time. We look forward to exploring more of Sicily with you on our next trip.
Caio for now
4 new friends from Sydney

5  Thank Vikki S

Sicily Tours:

Hello dear Guest,
I hope you'll apologize me for my belated answer, I was very busy and still continue to be.
It was really my pleasure to can take care of your family and friend to to make sure you'll enjoy our island and to stroll you around all our areas in the east side.
I hope we will start prompt to plane next trip on the weast site this time for next future.
I keep a wonderful memory of you, you were of great travel companions, we enjoy a bit history, local uses and mores a bit of fun, good food and wine.... for some else... next time.
Warmest regards at all.
Roberto by Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tours.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We spent 12 days in Taormina, and took 4 trips with Roberto (and he picked us up and dropped us off at the airport), and he was delightful. We cannot say enough about his generousity, knowledge, creativity, and easy-going manner. He made all the trips stress-free, which made this one of our best family vacations we've ever had. Anybody going, I encourage you to contact him, tell him what you are looking for, and your personal interest, and leave the rest up to him.

Martin and Jennifer

3  Thank Martin123_13
Excursions_TaRoB, Proprietario at Sicily Tours & Taxi Taormina, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Hi dear Martin & Jennifer,

First of all I want to thank you for this, I'm happy that you enjoy our trips in Sicily and Transfers from Catania Airport.
You are a great ambassador of our land, together with all the customers had until now, thank you very much. I hope to can show you also the west side of this wounderful land, with a bit of fun, history, good food, wine, to meet the sicilian Culture one more time.
Sincerely your,
Roberto by Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tours.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our family of four had a fabulous time in Sicily with Roberto. He met us at the airport in Catania and drove us to Taormina, pointing out points of interest along the way. The next morning, he picked us up and took us to Syracrus for sightseeing. We visited a wonderful outdoor market in addition to the Greek theater and a papyrus artist. The next day, we visited Mt. Etna. Roberto included a trip to a lovely bakery and an incredible meal at a winery. Later in our visit, Roberto took us to Agrigento to visit the Valley of the Temples. Roberto very kindly dropped us at the top of the exhibit, and he met us at the bottom of the area to save us the uphill climb. For lunch, Roberto took us to a local restaurant with delicious food. Then we visited an ancient Roman villa. Without Roberto, we would never had experienced true Sicily. With his knowledge of the island, he was able to show us all the sites we wanted to see plus many hidden gems.

2  Thank DawnCecil

Hello dear Guest,

I was really pleased to take care of your Transfers from/to Catania Airport to Taormina.
and in the follow days to enjoy with you and your family "The Ancient city of Syracuse with Ortigia Island" where we was have also a fun time...
"The Greek temple valley in Agrigento with the ancient Roman Mosaic of Villa del casale" it was a full immersion in the ancient history by Greeks and Romans.
I appreciate a lot the interest of you and your family to all we did, it make wounderful day also for me. Grazie.
Wish to see you and family here in Sicily for visit the West side next time.
Sincerely your.
Roberto Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tours.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My mother and I visited Taormina for vacation in Feb and went on two excursions around Sicily with Roberto. I had read many wonderful reviews of Roberto and his company- and they were all true!!! He was very prompt when responding to me about planning the different excursions and easily arranged the schedules to fit our needs. We did transfer to and from the Catania airport to our hotel in Taormina---- made things so much easier!! A great way to be welcomed to Sicily :)
We did two day trips from Taormina. One to Siracusa and one to the hill top villages around the eastern coast (Savoca, Castelmola)
Roberto tailored the tours to our interests such as spending more time in the market of Siracusa, visiting the Caravaggio painting, olive oil tasting, and a nice leisurely lunch. (We are lovers of food lol ) He is very knowledgeable and has a great sense of humor. He speaks excellent English - but if you want to practice your Italian he is game for that as well!
The next day we opted for a shorter tour- we went to Savoca and visited the workshop of an amazing metal artist. Then off to Castelmola for a delicious lunch and to - my favorite- Madonna della Rocca for an amazing view of Taormina and the sea.
I highly recommend contacting Roberto for your trip to Sicily (he works out of Taormina - but will drive you anywhere!) He makes getting to the hidden gems of the island a breeze! Roberto will work with you to make sure this is the most memorable trip :)

2  Thank Eve R

Hello dear Guest,

first of all I want to Thank you to write this your wounderful review. Grazie Mille.
I seen you write the title in Italian " Favoloso" good job.
It was my pleasure to can take care of you and your mom, two woman very smart and able to rejoice in our land of all the small details.

I have to thank you to give me your preference this winter.
I hope to see you again in this land after your graduate. A world of wishes.
Sincerely your,
Taxi Taormina & sicily Tours.