“NOT TAORMINA WITHOUT ROBERTO!”

Sicily Tours & Taxi Taormina
Ranked #1 of 14 Food & Drink in Taormina
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tours.I invite you to come along with me to explore every corner and aspect of this land, to know our amazing history, to meet our hospitable people, to savor our unique wine and cuisine, to gaze upon our breathtaking vistas, to be cooled by our soft sea breezes, and to learn from a son of Sicily the vast beauties of my land, "La Bella Sicilia".
Useful Information: Activities for older children
USA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“NOT TAORMINA WITHOUT ROBERTO!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Our family trip to Taormina, Sicily was that of a very important and memorable one. We were there to spend time in beautiful Taormina as well as visit my father's roots of Baucina, Sicily. I was not sure how we were going to accomplish this seeing that Baucina is a very small town off the beaten path, tucked away in the countryside quite a distance from Taormina. I came upon Roberto Mirabile of Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tours who without a doubt was able to fullfill our hope and accomplish our goal. From the moment he met us at the airport we knew there was going to be a wonderful connection, Roberto felt like a "family" member right from the start! We spent many days with Roberto and toured Taormina, Palermo, and of course Baucina like no one could have showed us. Roberto's superburb knowledge of Sicily is one that could not be compared. He is like a walking history book full of wonderful and fascinating facts! We saw so many landmarks as well as "local" places that a tour group or guide book would not have been able to compare. Roberto took us to all the best tasting restaurants and cafes as well as experiencing some of the "local" favorite Sicilian treats - cannolis and arancini! Roberto's personality is one that fills you with open arms and warmth making you feel welcome. His punctuality was impeccable and always had a well stocked supply of water in his vehicle. There is no need to research and spend countless hours reading reviews for other tour companies - Roberto MIrabile is the one!!! We made such beautful memories with our family and we know Roberto will never forget our "donkey" encounter in Baucina! We shared many laughs together and also had the pleasure of having dinner with him and his beautiful wife. We look forward to when you and your wife visit the states so that we can give back the "royal treatment" you so gave to all of us! We miss you and hope to visit and see you soon...Hugs to you and your wife! Lisa, Theresa, Richard & Kayla

Visited December 2012
3 Thank kindergarden
Excursions_TaRoB, Proprietario at Sicily Tours & Taxi Taormina, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Transfer from Catania Airport to Taormina and Sicily Tour.
Dear Guest, First of all I want to thank you for give me your preference to take care of all your suit needs here in Sicily, from transfer to the Sicily Tour.
It was a pleasure to enjoy the trip to Baucina and Palermo, also a bit fun... Donky docet !!
I was very happy to have dinner with your family, and to share moments of complete relax.
Wish you and your family all the best, Please extend a special greeting to your mom.
Best regards,
Roberto by Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tours.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Honeymoon in Sicily”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Roberto organized 2 absolutely amazing day trips (the godfather tour and portraits of Sicily unknown) for my wife and I during our honeymoon in Taormina. Albeit the poor weather conditions, we had a great time exploring the beautiful villages around Taormina & Etna. On one of those tour days, Roberto arranged for a lunch visit to Barone di Villagrande. As it was low season, we were the only patrons. However, the hosts still served up a sumptuous lunch and allowed us to taste quite a good variety of wines.

We will definitely recommend Roberto tours to any of our friends or family if they plan for any vacation in Sicily. Last but not least, our guide Antonio for both tours was excellent. He was punctual, informative, courteous, patient and had all the qualities you can ask for and more in a guide. Molte buono! :)

Visited December 2012
2 Thank TzeYoung
Excursions_TaRoB, Proprietario at Sicily Tours & Taxi Taormina, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Hello dear Guest,
First of all I want to thank you for your kindly reviw concerning yours Sicily Tours with us.
Apologize me, if I belated to answer you. I hope you'll understanding. I renew my greetings, in fact, your honeymoon in Taormina was at a time when the weather was not the greatest.
I'll be pleased to can be useful at your needs, and to meet yours individual request, we using our knowledge to plan and customize your Sicily Tours, and to make all our best to show you many corners and aspect of this land, to know our amazing history, to meet our hospitable people, to savor our unique wines and cuisine, to gaze upon our breathtaking vistas, and to learn more about the vast beauties of Sicily. WEATHER PERMITTING...!

Wish you all the best for your life.
Best regards,
Roberto by Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tours.
Toronto, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Great tours (Godfather Tour and Agrigento)”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My husband and I took two private driving tours through Roberto Mirabile. We were staying in Taormina for a week and were picked up and dropped off at our hotel.

The first tour was the Godfather Tour. We were picked up by Luca at 10:00 a.m. And driven to three hillside towns: Savoca; Forza D'Agro; and Castelmola. Savoca was absolutely beautiful and we had some time to walk in the village. I'm not really that interested in the Godfather aspect of the tour, but seeing the hillside towns was great, particularly Savoca. We stopped for lunch for an hour and a half in Castelmola (Luca left us and we met him after lunch and a walk around town) before being driven back to the hotel. 150€ total for two people. Scenery in the towns and in between them was remarkable. Luca was very informative and a very nice guy. Highly recommend this tour, even if you are not a huge fan of the movie.

The second was a day trip from Taormina to Agrigento. We were picked up by Domenico at our hotel at 8:00 a.m. We drove to Agrigento and arrived there around 10:45. We spent about an hour and a half viewing the temples, which were very interesting. Particularly spectacular was the Temple of Concordia. We met back with Domenico after our walk. Was too early for lunch in Agrigento, so we left and planned to eat in Catania on the way back. Domenico suggested that we eat at Osteria Antica Marina right beside the fish market. Domenico left us and we met him after a little over an hour after lunch. Lunch was fantastic and was a great suggestion. He also suggested the squid ink pasta and the sea urchin pasta. Both were great. Domenico then suggested a route for us to walk in the old part of town in Catania and we walked around for about 20 minutes before returning to our hotel. (We were happy Domenico suggested eating in Catania and really liked the city. So much so that a couple of days later we took a bus to Catania from Taormina and back for a day trip.) Domenico dropped us off at hotel at around 5:00. Cost was 300€ total for two people, plus an entrance fee at the temples of approx 12€ per person. The temples were great, but the trip from Taormina to Agrigento is almost three hours each way. If you are staying in Taormina and really want to see the temples, this is a very nice way of doing it. Otherwise, it is expensive and a long drive. Domenico was a great guide. He was very informative and very pleasant to be around. Helpful with suggestions and we enjoyed our trip to Agrigento and our side trip with him to Catania.

2 Thank LucyMarley
Excursions_TaRoB, Proprietario at Sicily Tours & Taxi Taormina, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Hello dear guest,

Please apologize me for my belated answer.
Thank you for your kind review, it was our pleasure to take care of your Sicily Tours.
You was have two
you have enjoyed two very different tours, one set in our typical Sicilian culture and mentality, the other in an area that was one of the cradles of Greek civilization in Sicily. I hope to preserve good memories of Sicily and of us, in such a way as to arouse longing to return as soon as possible, and if you give us a chance we will be very happy you showed other places.

Hello dear Sirs,
Please apologize me for my belated answer.
Thank you for your kind review. Grazie.
I remeber you have enjoyed two very different tours, one set in our typical Sicilian culture and mentality, the other in an area that was one of the cradles of Greek civilization in Sicily.
I hope that you and wife preserve good memories of Sicily and of us, in such a way as to arouse longing to return as soon as possible, and if you would like to give us a one more chance we will be very happy you showed other places.

I wish you all the best and also a nice and happy christmas fest.

Roberto by Taxi Taormina Roberto Tours.
Archbald
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Thanks again Roberto!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Roberto came through again. We were fortunate to have a tour last fall with Roberto so when we were returning to Sicily in October we of course booked with Roberto. We decided to book the Mt Etna tour from Catania (cruise stop). Our driver/guide was Marcello – who was an awesome guide.

We started the day at a honey factory that also sold olives, wine and other wonderful snacks that you got to sample before buying (and buying I did).

Unfortunately it rained the entire day so we were not able to see anything when we reached the top of Mt Etna – and due to the rain we didn’t even get out of the car. So on the way back down the volcano Marcello, who is a geologist, pulled over to the side of the road and we actually went into a cave! How many people get to explore a cave on the side of a volcano in Sicily?! We had so much fun and he was so passionate when talking about what we were seeing.

After the cave we went everywhere else we wanted to. We stopped at "Bar Louie" to have a glass of wine and snacks at the place where the Godfather was filmed. Then we drove around getting amazing pictures. Then it was a late lunch in a little local place in Catania with the best arancini (rice balls) and cannoli I have ever tasted (and so reasonably priced).

We would not have had the same experience if Marcello didn’t take care of everything. He made sure we had a perfect day – even in the rain - and also translated all of our needs at every stop. I highly recommend booking a private tour with Roberto. He takes care of you from start to finish. And a big thanks to Marcello for making our trip fantastic.

Hello dear Je.

Thank you to you again, I was really pleased to can take care and plan one more time your ashore tour here in Sicily, unfortunately the rain and bad weather forced us to change a little bit from the planned tour.
Let me to thanks to all....
To you and your friend who nonetheless were willing to join us on an alternative tour with a smile and with the right spirit. Thank you.
Lovely to our island Sicily which allows to always have alternatives and to our flexibility and knowledge has gone too all for the best.
and last but not least our Marcello was a wonderful performer. Thank you.

Since we are close to Christmas .... Let me wish you a happy holidays.

Hope to see you soon, and maybe next time without rain, so you can finally see our Mt Etna, which is with you has always been very mysterious ..... does not allow himself to see live ....ahah!!

Kind regards,

Roberto by Roberto Taormina Taxi Tours.
Syracuse, New York
“Roberto Made Trip to Sicily Wonderful”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I highly recommend Roberto for a private tour of Sicily's treasures. Roberto provided transfers between Catania and Taormina and a full day of touring Mt. Etna, the village where my grandparents grew up, and the Sicily countryside. What was really impressive is that Roberto gave my wife and I a non-tourist view of Sicily and a true insight into Sicily's culture, people and wonderful food. Roberto was very warm and informative from the first moment we stepped into his comfortable, luxury vehicle. He tailored a day tour for us based on our interests. Roberto gave us great insights and definitely enhanced our enjoyment of Sicily. It was great meeting you Roberto, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Hello dear Guest,

Apologize me for my belated answer, I hope you are fine.
I would like to thank you and wife to give me a chance to take care of your suit needs here in Sicily, it was my pleasure to drive you aound one Mt. Etna Portaits and to find out the birthplace where your grandparents grew up.
Let me to wish you a world of beautiful things, and have a happy and peaceful Christmas.
Hope can see you again around here in our fabulous Sicily.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Roberto by Taxi Taormina Roberto Tours.