“Private Tours with Roberto were the Highlight of Our Trip to Sicily!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sicily Tours & Taxi Taormina

Sicily Tours & Taxi Taormina
Ranked #1 of 14 Food & Drink in Taormina
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tours.I invite you to come along with me to explore every corner and aspect of this land, to know our amazing history, to meet our hospitable people, to savor our unique wine and cuisine, to gaze upon our breathtaking vistas, to be cooled by our soft sea breezes, and to learn from a son of Sicily the vast beauties of my land, "La Bella Sicilia".
Useful Information: Activities for older children
McLean, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Private Tours with Roberto were the Highlight of Our Trip to Sicily!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I spent 7 days in wonderful Sicily in early October 2012, and on two of the days, we took private tours with Roberto. These tours with Roberto were the highlight of our trip! Roberto also met us at the airport in Catania and he arranged taxi service back to the airport. He was always on time and very knowledgeable about the sites visited. He also had outstanding insights into Sicilian history, life and culture that greatly enhanced our experience!

The two tours that we took with Roberto are listed on his web site as the Godfather Tour and the Valley of the Temples Tour. The first tour visited 3 hillside towns above Taormina and provided wonderful scenery (with views of the countryside, ocean and Mt. Etna) as well as insights into daily life in the mountain villages in Sicily. Moreover, scenes from the first two Godfather movies were filmed in two of the towns, and it was great fun to walk down the streets where scenes from the movies had been filmed. The tour ended in Taormina and Roberto provided a map to help guide us as we wandered around the town.

The second tour was from our hotel in Giardini-Naxos (south or Taormina) to the Valley of the Temples in Agrigento and back. This tour involved a 2&1/2 drive across the island of Sicily and Roberto pointed out the various agricultural growing areas (e.g., olives, grapes) and towns along the way. After the audio tour provided by the Valley of the Temples, Roberto recommended a seaside restaurant where Sicilian families gathered for their Sunday lunch, and it was a great, authentic experience.

My husband and I had briefly considered renting a car in Sicily but we found that the tour with Roberto was a far better approach. We never would have gained the insights into Sicily - past and present - without our enjoyable discussions with him. We raised numerous topics and questions ranging from the Italian and Sicilian government and economy, to Sicilian food preferences, gluten-free dining, historical issues, and energy use, and had a wonderful time discussing these subject with Roberto. His English is excellent, and his insights are wonderful.

In addition, our Italian was limited so traveling with Roberto was very helpful in ordering at local restaurants and avoiding the hassle of navigating our way around highways with lots of construction (which would not appear on a GPS!).

We found Roberto's company on Trip Advisor because he was ranked #1 in Sicily tours. There is a definte reason for that ranking. Roberto is THE BEST!!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Debra J
Excursions_TaRoB, Proprietario at Sicily Tours & Taxi Taormina, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you to have leaves your kind review on TripAdvisor.
Please Apologize me for my belated answer. Since it was my big pleasure and also a wonderful experience to travel with you and your husband. I remember it was very nice to talk about all, that you were very curious about our ancient history, but also on the current one.
I was pleased to can enjoy our our conversations.
Too bad they did not have more time to visit some other place, like Syracuse and more ....
I hope to meet you again here in our Fabulous land.
I wish you a Merry December and enjoy its festivities.
Warm greetings.

Roberto Taormina Taxi Tours.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Auckland
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great day, Great guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

There were four of us with a day in port on a cruise and we were not sure what to expect. Roberto collected us seemlessly and quickly noted one of our team was on crutches and went out of his way to ensure the tour was comfortable for her including organising a special transport vehicle to get her up one steep hill.
Roberto had a lovely relaxed style of delivering information and some nice touches of humour which suited us perfectly. We visited Savoca,Taormina and Castelmola in a tour that was tailored for us. Roberto left us some time in Taormina to look around and eat. It was just the right amount of time. The day was a highlight on our cruise largely due to Roberto's explanations and knowledge of Sicily. We were delivered back to the ship comfortably on time while still feeling we had optimised the time available to us.
We were all from New Zealand and do not speak Italian but Roberto was easy to understand and provided the flexibility we were looking for.
We had a significantly contrasting experience in Turkey later on in the Cruise and it made us appreciate the quality of Roberto's service even more.
Thanks very much Roberto.

Hello dear Niccols,
I would like to apologize for my belated answer.
Thank you for your kind reviews, I remember as well we arrange a nice Vehicle ( with Giancarlo) to drive up you and friends to San Nicola Church in Savoca. It was very fun and enjoyable.
Then our Beautiful Island have did the rest...to give you a nice memory of your ashore tour.
I know that from New Zeland will be difficult to go back in Sicily frequently, Let me wish you to can do it in next future to enjoy more about Sicily.
Of course I hope to can be useful and to take care of your needs here.
Warmest regards,

Island of Malta, Malta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“One day trip to Sicily”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Yesterday I spent the day in Sicily with friends. We used the services of Roberto Tours. Roberto was an excellent guide. He is very knowledgable. We really enjoyed ourselves. Keep up the great service Roberto. Alla prossima :)

Visited October 2012
Excursions_TaRoB, Proprietario at Sicily Tours & Taxi Taormina, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hello dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the great review, it was my big pleasure to meet you and girls, and to spend a full-day on this part of Sicily, We was lucky on our Mt. Etna to find up the clouds the sun, it was fabulous to share and enjoy it, Thank you again.

I hope to can be useful more times in next future here in Sicily.

Best wishes,

Sacramento, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Scenic Transfer, Etna, and Airport Transfer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

My family and I (there were 5 of us) used Roberto Tours for a scenic transfer from Palermo to Taormina (with a stop at the Greek temples in Agrigento), a tour of Mt. Etna, and a transfer from our hotel in Taormina to the Catania airport.

Scenic Transfer - Our transfer tour to Taormina went off without a hitch. We were picked up on time and were even able to make an extra stop, which had previously been agreed to, to the little town my great grandfather was born in. From there we continued on to Agrigento where our guide met us and gave us a great tour of the Greek temples. From there it was on to our last stop, the beautiful city of Taormina.

Mt Etna - This day was toward the end of our two week tour of Italy when we were all tired; it came at a perfect time. This was a wonderfully relaxing day full of tasting local Etna products (cookies, honey, olive oil), beautiful stops along the mountain (along with a crater walk and stops at previous lava flows), with a final stop at a beautiful winery that included an incredible four course Sicilian lunch. One of the best days of our entire trip.

Transfer to Catania - The driver was on time and got us to the airport promptly.

Thank you Roberto for helping us make our time in Sicily as stress free as possible.

2 Thank Kris W
Hello dear Guest,
I would like to apologize for my belated answer, since I was very busy.

Thank you for all congratulation you did on our services, we was very pleased to can take care of yours needs here in Sicily, I remember as well our day on Mt. Etna and the really enjoyable time we was have included winery.

I hope to can meet you again in next future here in sicily, to explore more places and aspect of this land, with out forget to savor our unique wine and cuisine.

I wish you happy Thanksgivin day
Warmly regards,

Worcester, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great Transfer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Transfer from Catania airport to Taormina for 2.
Prompt, great Merc, speedy transfer.
Great Job Roberto.

1 Thank MikeB16
Excursions_TaRoB, Proprietario at Sicily Tours & Taxi Taormina, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Hello dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your great review.
I'm happy you enjoy your transfer with us, that was comfortable and leisurely.
I hope I can still be useful in the future
Best Regards,