“One day trip to Sicily”

Sicily Tours & Taxi Taormina
Ranked #1 of 14 Food & Drink in Taormina
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Taxi Taormina & Sicily Tours.I invite you to come along with me to explore every corner and aspect of this land, to know our amazing history, to meet our hospitable people, to savor our unique wine and cuisine, to gaze upon our breathtaking vistas, to be cooled by our soft sea breezes, and to learn from a son of Sicily the vast beauties of my land, "La Bella Sicilia".
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Island of Malta, Malta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“One day trip to Sicily”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Yesterday I spent the day in Sicily with friends. We used the services of Roberto Tours. Roberto was an excellent guide. He is very knowledgable. We really enjoyed ourselves. Keep up the great service Roberto. Alla prossima :)

Visited October 2012
Excursions_TaRoB, Proprietario at Sicily Tours & Taxi Taormina, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hello dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the great review, it was my big pleasure to meet you and girls, and to spend a full-day on this part of Sicily, We was lucky on our Mt. Etna to find up the clouds the sun, it was fabulous to share and enjoy it, Thank you again.

I hope to can be useful more times in next future here in Sicily.

Best wishes,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sacramento, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Scenic Transfer, Etna, and Airport Transfer”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My family and I (there were 5 of us) used Roberto Tours for a scenic transfer from Palermo to Taormina (with a stop at the Greek temples in Agrigento), a tour of Mt. Etna, and a transfer from our hotel in Taormina to the Catania airport.

Scenic Transfer - Our transfer tour to Taormina went off without a hitch. We were picked up on time and were even able to make an extra stop, which had previously been agreed to, to the little town my great grandfather was born in. From there we continued on to Agrigento where our guide met us and gave us a great tour of the Greek temples. From there it was on to our last stop, the beautiful city of Taormina.

Mt Etna - This day was toward the end of our two week tour of Italy when we were all tired; it came at a perfect time. This was a wonderfully relaxing day full of tasting local Etna products (cookies, honey, olive oil), beautiful stops along the mountain (along with a crater walk and stops at previous lava flows), with a final stop at a beautiful winery that included an incredible four course Sicilian lunch. One of the best days of our entire trip.

Transfer to Catania - The driver was on time and got us to the airport promptly.

Thank you Roberto for helping us make our time in Sicily as stress free as possible.

2 Thank Kris W
Hello dear Guest,
I would like to apologize for my belated answer, since I was very busy.

Thank you for all congratulation you did on our services, we was very pleased to can take care of yours needs here in Sicily, I remember as well our day on Mt. Etna and the really enjoyable time we was have included winery.

I hope to can meet you again in next future here in sicily, to explore more places and aspect of this land, with out forget to savor our unique wine and cuisine.

I wish you happy Thanksgivin day
Warmly regards,

Worcester, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great Transfer”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Transfer from Catania airport to Taormina for 2.
Prompt, great Merc, speedy transfer.
Great Job Roberto.

1 Thank MikeB16
Excursions_TaRoB, Proprietario at Sicily Tours & Taxi Taormina, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Hello dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your great review.
I'm happy you enjoy your transfer with us, that was comfortable and leisurely.
I hope I can still be useful in the future
Best Regards,

Newburyport, MA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A week to remember”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My girlfriends and I travelled to Sicily in mid September. Taxi Taormina Roberto Tours was a perfect fit right from the minute we got off the plane and the driver was waiting for us at the airport exit. The transportation was safe and comfortable and the mini-van had plenty of room for all of our belongings.
One of many of our adventures was the full day trip to Agrigento. The ruins were incredible. The spectacular views looking down on the Valley of Temples could only have been outdone if we had been there at sunset!
The trip to the historical city of Siracusa was another day of Roberto sharing his vast knowledge of the island and the history associated with it. We spent our day viewing beautiful churches, exploring the market, sitting in a Plaza drinking cappuccino and watching the crowds walk by. Lunch in a local restaurant was delicious. He knew all the right spots to take us.
Our Mt Etna trip was another highlight. We made our way slowly up the mountain with Roberto pointing out the changes in landscape along the way, often stopping for our endless picture taking. He was a very patient man!!! We ended our afternoon with a trip to a local winery for lunch and a wine tasting. Again the views were spectacular and the food & wine were incredible.
I would recommend Roberto to anyone, he was a perfect gentleman, his English was easy to understand and his knowledge of Sicily is extensive. You will not go wrong with him as your guide.
Thank you Roberto for giving us many laughs along the way!

Hello dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your kindly review, I'm very happy about and gives me pleasure that everything we thought we'd do together, both went well. Our Island Sicilia is generous with many beautiful historical places and cultural sites to visit, we try also to don't forget that there is also a considerable tradition in the wine and food that goes will deepen, as rightly we done extensive knowledge.
Thank you for the many compliments expressed towards me, know that you have appreciated so much my work repay me more than anything in the world, and always give new strength to continue on this pat.
Thank you again.
Best & kind regards,
Newburyport, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Fabulous Tour Guide!!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Five ladies were so fortunate to vacation in beautiful Taormina for 8 beautiful days!! Our tour guide Roberto was a wealth of knowledge on Sicilian culture and the history of this gorgeous island. Roberto provided safe and comfortable transportation always in a timely fashion. He's a gentleman and extremely kind man with lots of patience - especially with 5 ladies!! Mt. Etna was an exciting tour with Roberto stopping at great points along the way so we could take pictures. After Mt. Etna, Roberto recommended Barone Di Villagrande Winery with breathtaking views of the vineyards and a 4 course meal with various wines which were excellent!! Roberto brought us to Siracusa with great history, beautiful churches, market places and great dining. We also toured the Greek Ruins - the temples of Agrigento are magnificent works of art with beautiful views! All in all, Roberto was so helpful and made our trip a memorable one!! I'd highly recommend Taxi Taormina Roberto Tours!!

1 Thank Debbie G
Excursions_TaRoB, Proprietario at Sicily Tours & Taxi Taormina, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Hello dear,

Thank you for your kindly review, I was very lucky to was have a placer to met you to meet and the "fabulous 5 ladies".
I hope that your holiday will remain in your memory as long as possible, to make sure to can be an incentive for a new holiday here in Sicily.

Thank you again.