“OK. Good View of Boats.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lido La Pigna

Lido La Pigna
Ranked #22 of 257 Restaurants in Taormina
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Lido La Pigna is easily connected to Taormina town center via cable-car. The attending staff will be glad to host you in the spacious terraces serving first quality Sicilian food products in a relaxing and informal atmosphere. The fully equipped beach area is a must to get the perfect tan and swim in the peerless ledge of the historic Mazzarò Bay. Don't miss the "Lido La Pigna Experience"... a deep dive in the Sicilian Heritage.
New York City, New York
“OK. Good View of Boats.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

It was OK, and certainly better than the place next door. Nothing fantastic, and how anyone could describe it as having 'the best food in Italy' defies comprehension.

Still, the staff were pleasant, and there is a nice view of a pretty bay, with lots of little boats.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“OK Beach Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

It was fine - a straightforward menu, sensibly priced. They were very busy and after a slow start we were served pretty quickly.

Visited September 2013
Catania
“The best Lido in Taormina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Just a short walk from the Cable Car from Taormina, this Lido is without doubt the friendliest and best value way to enjoy the wonderful Bay of Mazzaro. This area is a very exclusive resort so I didn't want to walk to Isola Bella and spend 8 hours lying on uncomfortable stones scrimping just to save a few euros. So I did La Pigna almost every day for two weeks. Lunchtime I either ate biggest tastiest vegetarian Pizza or the huge salad on the first floor restaurant looking over this stunning bay..the linguine allo scoglio was absolutely dreamy washed down with a few glasses of vino..I drank copious amounts of the cheapest local bottled beer throughout the day and I actually made the effort to chat to the guys that work there....So by the time I paid my bill every evening, I swear it was less for 8 hours luxury than a couple of hours drinking cocktails up in Taormina....It turns out that all the cool kids of Tao go here too so when I went out in the evening I lost count of the amount of free drinks I scored cos the bar owner had seen me at La Pigna....Sweet deal.....I hope you have the same wonderful experience that I had....peace out....

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“I never grow tired of Lido La Pigna....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I've just returned from my 4th year of visiting Taormina and each time I chose to go to lido la pigna, the location is perfect and the staff are warm, attentive and always on hand to help! The food served at the beach bar is beautiful and the service is quick and the waiting staff are very friendly! I would recommend this beach to anyone.
Jayne Loftus

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Conned. Will never return!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Myself and my family visited Lido la Pigna, and was greeted by a man who promised us four beds with umbrellas for 30 euros and said we could make an account and pay later.
Having spent our day at the beach, we gave the same man 30 euros, when he claimed that our beds were 60 euros and showed us a board saying this in the restaurant. We were totally ripped off and would never return.
Food was good, and beds were clean and comfortable but couldn't get over getting ripped off in that way.
Don't fall into the trap and trust their staff with an account or get ripped off!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TAO98
tsparta81, Proprietario at Lido La Pigna, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear lady,
thank you for your positive review on the restaurant,
but as they told you when you arrived and how it is clearly written in the price list (not in the restaurant!!!) the price per person during the month of August is 15 € per person, so 4 sunbeds and 2 umbrellas would cost €60.
When you came to the counter, to complain that you did not have one umbrella each it was quite odd .In 20 years of management I have never seen 4 people using 4 different umbrellas.
The only mistake made (from my employee) was to make you open an account rather than made you pay the entering fee at your arrival.
If we did not make you pay at your arrival it was not meant to cheat or defraud you but simply a form of courtesy that we use with our guests. Even though it was the first time you visited our beach we granted you the best spot within the first row of sunbeds just couple of meter from the sea. This alone should be enough to prove how much we care about our guests.

For further questions, we are here.

Best regards.