“Touristy but tasty!”
Review of Lido La Pigna

Lido La Pigna
Ranked #19 of 276 Restaurants in Taormina
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Lido La Pigna is easily connected to Taormina town center via cable-car. The attending staff will be glad to host you in the spacious terraces serving first quality Sicilian food products in a relaxing and informal atmosphere. The fully equipped beach area is a must to get the perfect tan and swim in the peerless ledge of the historic Mazzarò Bay. Don't miss the "Lido La Pigna Experience"... a deep dive in the Sicilian Heritage.
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Me and my girlfriend went to this restaurant today for lunch. Despite the basic seating outside we found the food to be excellent, well proportioned and great value! Not to be missed!

There are newer reviews for Lido La Pigna

Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I had lunch here on our surface interval between dives with DiveSicily on Oct 20th. The weather was perfect, the food and service were great and it was a great place for people watching. The prices were also quite reasonable. They are right on the beach. Highly recommend.

1  Thank G0ingn0w
Reviewed October 31, 2012

During the 3 weeks I spent in Taormina I went down to Mazzaro bay often. And always had something in La Pigna. First, they rent out umbrellas and deck chairs for EUR 8 (!!!) and there is no discount if you eat or drink in the bar. You can bring the food and drinks down to the beach, though. I never had the chance to try their food, because at least before the sunset they only offered drinks and snacks. Pretty pricey and very averaged. Once I asked for Caprese and they brought me a sliced tomate and mozzarella, oil, vinegar and I had to season my Caprese myself. Great, I did not have to slice the ingredients myself. The staff is unfriendly and slow. They stand or sit chatting and do not seem to care much for taking orders or clearing after guests.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is a lovely little spot for lunch when you want a break from a hard days sunbathing! just a few steps up from the beach, this was a gem of a place. We ordered the Sicilian pizza with olives and anchovies and it was honestly the best pizza I've ever tasted! We shared one between the two of us and this was plenty washed down with a nice cold beer! A great spot to people watch and cool off from the sun. The menu is pretty extensive including pasta dishes and seafood - infact next time we return will we go there for dinner and watch the sun setting whilst taking in the wonderful views!

3  Thank Jacqui F
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Another reviewer put it perfectly, you mustn't be fooled by the cafe casual look. The service was great and very friendly. The food was very good, everything we ate was tasty. We returned a second time and we all agreed it was very good and the price was reasonable. I our recommend this place anytime. The views were fantastic.