“Best in town”
Review of Trattoria da Nino

Trattoria da Nino
Ranked #31 of 276 Restaurants in Taormina
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Trattoria da Nino, known by locals for its genuine Sicilian fare for three generations, was established over 50 years ago by the Nicita family of Taormina. Co -owners Nino Nicita, with forty years in the restaurant sector, and his nephew Gianluca, with a background in modern rennovation and wines expertise, bring the perfect combination for a fine dining experience - high quality locally sourced food, innovation, and hospitality. The restaurant offers meat, fish and vegetarian specialties, first rate service and an excellent wine list featuring the best Sicilian wines. In addition to the modern dining room, we offer a splendid panoramic terrace, providing a view of the northern Sicilian Coast and the west Coast of Calabria. Or, you may choose to reserve our newly rennovated private hall, complete with panoramic view, for our special fish based menu and complementary wines, available for parties of 6 - 12 persons.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went to the hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews, from the outside its not that impressive, but the food was excellent.

We walked to the restaurant from the town centre during the afternoon and were met by the manager and we spent a good time talking about the food, the view, our hotel, and holiday in general. We booked for later that day, our table was on the balcony with a great view over the coast to the North

I had Sea Bass, my wife chose Prawns, both were perfectly cooked and presented, the House wine was very good and great value and although they were full and with a huge queue outside, the staff brought each course in good time and still had time to talk, as always with the quirky Italian sense of humour

It was so good we went back on our last night, my steak was wonderful, my wife's langoustines were exquisite.

Back in the UK a colleague asked for a recommendation, he went to da Nino and had the best meal of his holiday

Thanks to all at the restaurant for such a great time

There are newer reviews for Trattoria da Nino

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We ate twice at this restaurant, on each occasion choosing meat dishes that were very good indeed. But we felt it worth while telling the owner that the serving style of his staff was very impersonal and that eye contact, friendly words etc would greatly improve the dining experience.
In fairness to the owner it must be said that he listened with courtesy to what we had to say, thanked us and plainly took on board our suggestion. We felt a good personal contact had been established and we parted friends. We would go back.

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Food Ok. Service ok. Totally uninterested in guests happiness or satisfaction. Pity. Once was fine. Terrible dissappointment now.

4  Thank eamccabe
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I came here after reading the good reviews on TripAdvisor, but it was quite disappointing. The food was very average, and didn't even come close to the many fantastic meals I have had in Sicily. The seafood antipasti were average, as were the two seafood pasta dishes my husband and I ordered. I felt that the place seemed to be geared mostly to tourists and had prices and menu items that reflected that. On the whole, I would not recommend this place and will not be going back!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Trattoria da Nino is a very good restaurant with a vast selection both in the menu and specials. As started we had one of the specials : Spaghetti ai ricci di mare, which was delicious. As a main course I took a special : pesce pettine and my husband chose the king prawn. My dish was a delight and I entertained myself for quite some time, munching on the small fish. My husband's prawns however were over-cooked, still cooked, but not much of a taste.

I would definetly recommend a visit - the service is very friendly and super efficient