“Tasty pasta dishes”

Ristorante al Duomo
Reserve with
Ristorante al Duomo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 276 Restaurants in Taormina
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here -- he got the soup of the day and we both got pasta dishes. I had spaghetti a la Mamma Mia, which was perfectly al dente and appropriately spicy, and my husband had pasta a la norma, which he said was great. House wines were reasonable and of high quality and service was friendly.

There are newer reviews for Ristorante al Duomo

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The New Year's eve dinner experience at this restaurant was generally positive. It was more of a fine dining event rather than the traditional cenone. The food was excellent (pity that the portions were rather small) Service was courteous and prompt while ambience was warm and welcoming. A better value for monety would have earned this restaurant a higher rating.

1  Thank Lisleadam
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We actually found this in our travel guide, as I left my phone at the hotel, so couldn't search Tripadvisor.

I am so glad that I made this "mistake" - the food was lovely and deceptively filling (if I have learned one thing on this trip, it's that two courses is plenty!!!!) The anchovies in orange were absolutely gorgeous and the main course of Mai Mai Sicillian style was beautifully cooked and wonderfully filling.

The service here was so quick by comparison to everywhere else we have been in Sicily (as we're on a holiday, this isn't our main priority, but it is nice to have good service!).

The only thing I would say is that I made the error of ordering house wine, as it is the only wine they sell by the glass - don't!!!!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Al Duomo was recommended by both a travel guide and our holiday rep. However, aside from the pleasant dining position, over looking the square, my girlfriend and I found the menu limited and not as reasonable value as we had been led to believe by our sources.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Just had dinner with my girlfriend there yesterday, and it was a blast. We had the orange marinaded anchovies for starter that EVERY fish lover should try cos they're full of flavour and a real carpaccio feel to it. Mains we had Alungha (albacore) steak that was really nicely done, but my stuffed sardines were something else, simply amazing. Top it all with a nice Grillo 2010 and a couple of Grappas and you'll walk home smiling and giggling happily like we did! Buon appetito!