“what a great find”

Ranked #118 of 291 Restaurants in Taormina
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2012

A driver told us this is where he eats with his family in Taormina so we tried it. My wife had the spaghetti with vongole and I had the swordfish messinese. WOW- What great food and terrific prices. We ate outdoors all three times and even had their homemade desserts. Wind was just the house wine which was reasonable and good.
The service was excellent and it became our favorite while spending 8 nights in Taormina going here three times on the recent trip.
We enjoyed all three meals in a real comfortable environment with terrific Italian food.We recommend it to any visitor and you are sure to go back time and again

2  Thank genebeans

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We spent a week in Taormina (me and my mother) and even though we like to try new places, we ended up eating at Il Baccanale twice. It has a central location, nice sounding and not overpriced menu, outdoor seating (of course indoor too) and a nice atmosphere. First time we were there we both ordered antipasti and primo piatto, as well as white wine. Before our antipasti, they brought us a small tomato bruschetta, compliments of the house. That was delicious and just the right size to leave you wanting more. My antipasto was bresaola, rucola & parmigiano, and it was a piece of heaven. My mother was very pleased with her cantaloupe melon cubes in port wine. Then came the primi, mine was spaghetti al pomodoro which was very good, and my mother had the best minestrone she ever had. Service was smooth all along, our empty plates were taken away almost immediately, yet we didn't feel rushed. We took some time deciding what to have for dessert, and that was okay. They brought us small glasses of ice-cold almond wine, a local speciality, and again compliments of the house. Delicious. I chose semifreddo and my mom the cassata. Both were very good.
It left such a good taste in our mouths that like I said, we decided to go there for a second time. This time we only had the secondo piatto & contorno, but yet again they brought us bruschetta for starters and the almond wine as a digestivo. Service was just as smooth as the other night. My secondo & contorno was a steak with caponata, while my mom had sausages with caponata. The caponata was absolutely delicious! I sent my compliments to the chef. Steak was very good too and my mom enjoyed her sausages. We ended up having desserts this time too.
Overall, Il Baccanale is a very good restaurant, and I'd highly recommend it.

1  Thank Sirkku A
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Best one we visited. Charming lane. Great staff and good food

1  Thank sjbarter
Reviewed June 18, 2012

On a warm Monday night in June, Il Baccanale was packed! Recommended to us by a local, and located in a piazzetta away from the main crowded areas, indoor & outside tables seemed to be in high demand. However the genial staff were not phased.  This was our second visit & it was as good as the first. With reasonable prices, a varied menu, good service & a pleasant ambience, we enjoyed Il Baccanale completely.

1  Thank suzanf
Reviewed March 20, 2012

The food, service and atmosphere are great. But what is absolutely the best thing there is the Sicilian Casata cake served with a sweet fruit wine. Fabulous --and will keep me coming back each and every time I return to Taormina.

1  Thank Marcia G