“Not to be missed!’”

Spizzuliamu
Ranked #101 of 843 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Strolling around beautiful Ortigia I came across this lovely place! I saw the ‘Trip Advisor’ recommended sign and thought I would give it a try!
Delicious food at reasonable prices! The house wine is also very good! So much so I had dinner there for the rest of my three night stay!
The staff are pleasant and work extremely hard!
The only thing I was not happy with .... on my last night, I was sat on an outside table alone, a 70 year old lady enjoying my meal and watching the passers by, chatting to fellow diners, having a wonderful evening!
People were queuing for tables!
A waitress presented me with the my bill and made it very clear that she wanted me to leave as soon as possible for other waiting customers.
The family on the next table to me commented as to how rude she was to me!
I hadn’t finished my wine and she did not offer me the opportunity to order ‘dolce ‘ from the menu!
Hence my reason for not giving an ‘excellent rating’.
Fortunately it was my last night as because of her rudeness I would not have patronised them again!!!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (754)

Reviewed September 6, 2019 via mobile

We ate here on our first night in Syracuse having got off a plane starving and late at night.

We had the Parmagiana to start which was good and made us feel better. For mains I had the swordfish with trofie, a local pasta type, which was tasty and filling. My girlfriend had the gnocchi with seafood which she rated as one of her favourite dishes of the holiday in the end.

We returned for a quick meal before leaving syracuse at lunch. I had the pistachio pesto with cream which was good. She had the salad which was quite average so I'd recommend sticking to the pasta.

Reviewed September 6, 2019 via mobile

Decided to pick a restaurant on general feel and did we make a good choice. Managed to get a table in the street down a small alley. Great atmosphere and a good vibe. Wife had mushroom risotto and I had pasta with anchovies, breadcrumbs etc. Thoroughly enjoyed my meal but wife’s risotto was slightly salty to her taste. Wine at €5 for half a carafe and value for money food made for a great evening. Would happily return.

Reviewed August 9, 2019 via mobile

Very beautiful restaurant. Very good food and a very nice house white wine.
Friendly and good service.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 2, 2019 via mobile

The food was delicious. The staff is very kind and helpful. The waiting time between the courses was average. Had a pleasant time.

Date of visit: August 2019