B&B Sorella Luna
Antico Hotel Roma 1880(Syracuse)
$317
$121
All reviewsno liftwardrobeterracefridgebreakfastsiracusa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Great value for money hotel. A short walk from ortiga island. We emailed and asked them to reserve us parking and they had a place for us right in front of the hotel. Room was big and very nice and the roof top terrace for breakfast was great. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I stayed in this small hotel during my trip around Sicily in May 2011. Because of good geografical location of the town it is convenient to use Syracuse as a place for the nights and all days long spend visiting either historical sights of Syracuse or beautiful towns around (Ragusa, Noto, Ispica etc.).

The hotel is a double-storey building with reception and small lobby on the ground floor and rooms and terrace on the first one. It is located in 200m both from railway station and intercity bus stop.

Ortigia is just 1-1.5km south from the hotel (10-15 mins walk the street with a huge variety of restaurants, bars, shops and of course gelaterias). The ancient Greek quarter is about 1.5 km north.

The room was A/C and kept clean. Staff is very friendly but has limited English. Breakfast is served on the lovely terrace.

In a few words I can describe the hotel as a good value for money and would recommend it to my friends or definetly will spent a few nights next time I decide to visit this region.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Maxqld
Reviewed June 25, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Sorella Luna on our way to Malta. We arrived off the train from Naples at about 11:30 and I agree with other reviewers that the walk from the station can feel a little hairy at that time of night! However, upon arriving we were met by a friendly receptionist who gave us the key to our room. Unfortunately there is no lift at the hotel so we had to carry our case up the 3 flight of stairs to our room (this is a minor point as on our return from Malta a week later at a more reasonable hour, a porter very kindly took it up for us). Our room was beautifully decorated and it was nice to see a change in paint/decor colour from the usual magnolia.
The only downside to the hotel was the breakfast. On our way to Malta, we arrived at 9am (breakfast is served from 7 - 10 am) and there was very little food left, just yoghurts and no bread. On our way back from Malta we made sure we got there early (well, you have to don't you?) and there was a little more choice of croissants but it was still rather disappointing. I didn't think the breakfast befitted the hotel if I'm honest.
All in all though, a very nice hotel in a great situation in Syracuse. I would stay here again but I would probably head out for breakfast next time!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2008

Sorella Luna is very close to the train station on a street that seems a bit dubious when you arrive (at night, at least, as we did) but not unsafe - and is in fact par for the course for non-Ortigian Siracusa. It is very well-located for both walking to Ortigia (south) or to the Greek & Roman ampitheatres (north) or to the archeological museum (northeast). We had a good experience with the staff, who were helfpul and tolerant of our attempts at Italian, and cheerfully locked away our bags when we checked out and went exploring one last time. (We stayed two nights, then went to Catania to take the ferry to Naples.) Breakfast was the best we had in Sicily - a wide assortment of fresh breads, confections/pastries, and meat and cheese. I must mention that they had delicious donuts - the old-fashioned kind, deep fried with powder sugar. I ate many. (In summer, I should note, you can eat out on the roof - a bit chilly for our stay, though there were some hardy Germans out there nonetheless.) The room itself was very clean, and plenty big for our doublebed and sofabed (for the two kids); the sofabed was not hugely comfortable but for a 9 and 6 year old it served just fine. Contacting the hotel directly by email, by the way, produced a cheaper rate than various internet sites.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed March 31, 2007

I recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while visiting Siracusa. This is a converted convent and is located close to the train station. If arriving by bus, the driver can let you off by the train station for a short walk to the hotel. It is not a bad walk to the bus station, at the entrance of Ortygia, or to the Greek Theatre and the modern city shopping district. The front desk staff at the hotel was quite helpful. The room was clean and comfortable, with modern amenities. CNN International is on the TV there, for those who may find that of importance. The morning breakfast was excellent and held in a comfortable breakfast room. Oh those pastries... I would not hesitate to stay there again should I return to visit that lovely city.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank growler4
fratellosole, Proprietario at B&B Sorella Luna, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Thank you for choosing us.

We were happy to have you as guests hopefully for you was

an unforgettable experience.