We were walking to the spring along the harbour when we saw the sign for the rooftop restaurant. We went up to the top floor and had Bellinis as the sun set lighting up those fantastic stones. Beautiful. The restaurant looked tired and a bit sad and empty but we were enjoying ourselves so much, we asked for a table on the other terrace at the North end of the top floor and had a dinner that was surprisingly tasty. Expecting the worst, we had a very good sea urchin risotto, a tasty seared tuna and a red prawn starter of note. A very pleasant surprise with an absolutely corking view. Tip. Don't get a table inside!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The magnificent neoclassical facade of the Des Etrangers Hotel & Spa dominates the harbour of Siracusa in Sicily, from its position on the island of Ortigia. This five-star historical hotel has the elegance and style typical of the grand European hotels and features refined balconies overlooking the sea. Step in style into the grand entrance hall and admire the precious marble floors, the stucco works and gold decor of the walls and high ceilings. This luxury hotel offers world class services in a unique environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Des Etrangers Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Des Etrangers Hotel Syracuse
- Des Etrangers Hotel And Spa
- Des Etrangers Et Miramare Hotel
- Des Etrangers Hotel & Spa Sicily/Syracuse, Italy