Lowest prices for your stay
$101
Free cancellation until 11/04/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
$95
Free cancellation until 11/05/21
Agoda.com
$60
Hotels.com$95
eDreams$101
travelup.com$110
1,270 results
All reviews winston churchill old quarry swimming pool the air conditioning half board croissants four nights sea ortigia euro taxis greek italians francesco bridge
Selected filters
Reviewed May 1, 2017

If you like the "old Europe" feel, you'll love this hotel--it's 155 years old. It appears to have been completely refurbished while keeping the old world charm. While the rooms are somewhat small, they had ambiance and were very clean. It had a large and attractive pool. The breakfast buffet was typical (but in a grand dining hall). it was a short walk to some attractions (museum, catacombs), but a long walk to the old town (take a taxi). It is also a couple hundred meters from a nice "rails to trials" path. Finally, this hotel is set into an old limestone quarry, which gives it a unique and pleasing setting.

Room tip: get a room with a view of the limestone quarry--it is quite spectacular.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ed A
Carmelo C, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Villa Politi, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2017

I’m very happy to read this review, just like that…..Happy 

Reviewed April 15, 2017 via mobile

Stunning hotel with lots of interesting history. The rooms are spacious and we had a gorgeous balcony with a sea view! The bathroom was big and had a shower over the bath which was a added plus. The bed was big and very comfy. We stayed for a week and the room was amazing. The pool was lovely and clean and you could order drinks to the pool side which was very good service. The staff were very friendly and we always felt welcome. The location was perfect the hotel is walking distance to the beach and to so many points of interest. Breakfast was delicious and so was dinner, dinner felt very grand and luxurious. I couldn't recommend grand hotel villa politi enough to anyone wanting to stay in Sicily it is so beautiful and such a pleasant experience.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank travellerburg
Carmelo C, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Villa Politi, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2017

Your enthusiastic comment might became one of our advertising… thank you, thank you from our heart!

Reviewed April 2, 2017 via mobile

We had an excellent stay. The hotel is beautiful, gorgeous entrance to the place, it had ellegant chandeliers, stained glass and marble flooring. The location was excellent. Staff were very welcoming, friendly and very helpful. As for the food it was splendid, excellent choices and food looked and tasted fresh. The rooms were lovely, clean and hygenic. I highly recommend this hotel. We will definitely come back again. Thank you. Josie

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Josie S
Carmelo C, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Villa Politi, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2017

Thanks for choosing us ... we put our hearts ; )

Reviewed March 14, 2017

Maybe it was the time of the year, very early in the season - it feels like entering history in all aspects. Driving up the long way towards the hotel "triggers" a lot of pictures. The receptionstaff is very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately then when you come to the room - I had a room out to the back - a loud noise comes from some machinery that makes it impossible to open the window during the night. The hotel has seen many days and many visitors - this is clearly visible. I would assume, that 4* have more "shine". I was there with a group of people - all were a little disappointed, but as I said - maybe it is to early in the year. (middle March) Breakfast was minimal and I would expect on a island that has Oranges hanging in the trees everywhere, that fresh orange juice is served in the morning, but this is not so. Also here, the staff are very friendly and trying to be helpful. The Dinner from my perspective is to expensive for what you get. Eating in nearby restaurant - local people eat there - is more than have the price and double as good. Well - what should I say? Would I go there again? I don´t know.

Room tip: Rooms towards the front are beautiful
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Carmelo C, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Villa Politi, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2017

we wish you come back ... at least just to change your idea on the biggest and most historic hotels in Syracuse. These last days are of low season for us and we are going to complete the restyling of the building to introduce ourselves splendidly in all those ones will choose us like you. So we apologize for any noise that disturbed your sleep. You bought a stay in a double room with a rich and healthy breakfast where surely without extra charge you could ask a freshly squeezed orange juice, an espresso, a cappuccino ... and all the cuddles that we reserve for all our Guests also with very low costs, the same cost that you paid in this period of low season! All Guests appreciate our kitchen and at the moment we offer a 3-course menu with a menu cost that’s almost equivalent to the cost of a menu at McDonald. I'm really curious to know where you have found something better and at less cost. On the contrary, I’m not curious at all, our guests are free to choose and ourselves recommend restaurants to discover and to try ... but please you don’t compare us with what you could eat at the bar near our hotel ... we are something else:) and I hope I could prove it if you will give us a new opportunity. We Wait You.. Best regards

Reviewed February 19, 2017

Had a weeks break and opted for this hotel in Sicily. The weather was fine and we had a great time. We were B & B. The facilities, staff and location were perfect! The breakfast on offer was superb and my partner indulged herself with prosecco for breakfast!
Will very happily go back!

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank piers2017
Carmelo C, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Villa Politi, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2017

: ) we will look forward to the G H Villa Politi!