“Worth the walk”
Review of ALevante

ALevante
Reserve with
ALevante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 687 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: aLevante is a restaurant overlooking the Ortigia seafront in front of the Maniace castle. The owners Francesco & Gipi will be happy to welcome you on a terrace and propose you the original dishes, full of perfumes and flavors of Sicily and Mediterranean sea revisited by the Chef Igor and desserts everyday prepared by Christine. Booking is recommended.
Reviewed May 2, 2014

This tiny restaurant (really only a bunch of outside tables) was very, very helpful in getting us a table for a late lunch. We told them we had walked all the way from the Greek Theatre, as a result of TA reviews.

View is out over the water. Food is unusual mix of seafood presented with fruit and vegetables (sounds odd, but is very good). The black risotto with squid come in wine glass and looks like a dessert -- it is wonderful. The octopus salad was fabulous! Caprese was wonderful, really, really great mozzarella. Grilled tuna over a salad also wonderful.

The service was as responsive and as a little, busy restaurant can be. One of the owners sat down with us to explain the menu, which is only on a chalkboard. It is indeed worth the walk.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

It was my first day in Sicily, the weather was gorgeous and I was wandering the streets admiring all around me. I had reached "Lungo del Mare" and in the distance i could see the castle Maniace. Although I was neither hungry nor thirsty, I've decided to stop at this little terrace, with such a beautiful view. And then.... I saw written on the blackboard at the entrance SEAFOOD SALAD. I could not resist and ordered. Best decision of the day, not to mention of the holiday. An optical pleasure (a glimpse of Italian design) and the taste... divine!. Of course at that salad, nothing fit better than a glass of white wine, which was great. In fact, everything was great, the food, the service, the music (although it was not Italian, it was so right), and the view.
Certainly, if i go back to Sicily, I will return to that wonderful corner.
Congratulations to the staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank cristina d
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

A unique experience. With the nicest view in Ortigia, you can enjoy of a great fusion cuisine while taste the best regional wines. The salads are simply amazing, mixing fresh fruits, veggies and local products. I ate the best risotto Nero ever!!! And to close the special lunch, the desserts are very good always enhancing the local flavors.
Staff: EXCELLENT.
Since I have been in Italy (7 months ago, Rome), this is the best restaurant I found.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 18, 2014

aLevante is the perfect place for lunch in Ortigia; outdoor seating, view of the sea, fresh interesting food and friendly service, highly recommended.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We were drawn to this restaurant by the outdoor terrace and sea view. Looks more like a cafe but don't be deceived. The partners are young enthusiastic Sicilians who are keen to provide an authentic but slightly different version of local food. Gipi our "guide" to what was on offer supplied us with their delicious house wine accompanied by what turned out to be complimentary nibbles. Calling the next day we were offered a very refreshing frozen lemonade with Italian style jelly, just right for the hot weather and relaxing atmosphere experienced. Having already been impressed we decided to book dinner for 7.30, we are pleased we did, the meal was outstanding, again Gipi on hand to explain everything. The bill for both of us 75 Euro for an excellent meal and wine. Turns out the person producing the food trained under a Michelin star chef and it shows, highly recommended.