“Delicious meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We found this restaurant off the beaten path. The food was quite good with a warm atmosphere. Definitely recommend the semi fredo!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,022)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stumbled across the restaurant when we were despairing of finding somewhere good to eat, everywhere else having been taken.

The place was virtually empty when we arrived, but filled up quickly. A good swordfish caponata was followed by fillets of sea bream coated in almonds. A decent Grillo accompanied.

An excellent find - one to which we will,assuredly return,.

Reviewed September 13, 2019

Wandering around Syracuse we found this excellent restaurant just by chance, in fact a friend had given us the name of another place to eat but we couldn't locate it. My instinct in Sicily is not to eat around the tourist piazzas but instead trust the little back lane ways and streets, this is exactly what I was looking for. Quiet, formal and dignified plus we were made to feel warmly welcome by the staff. NOW for the food! Wow! To start we had a salad with fennel, orange and green olives. Then a parmigiana which was the most delicately lightly crumbed eggplant cooked to perfection, it was superb! My husband then had the saltimbocca in a Marsala sauce with slivers of almonds (?). Divine. I chose the spaghetti da Syracusana and I have to say it was one of the BEST pasta dishes I have ever eaten in my life. All I know is it had anchovies in it and I could have licked the plate, it was that good. Our wine was an excellent Sicilian 2011 red "Cusumano Benuara". there is not much more I can say but bravo.... THIS is the sort of lunch I will always remember! Grazie! Yes, we will return one day (soon I hope).

Reviewed August 27, 2019

We (my wife, daughter and I) were having coffee and a spritz when we realised we were very hungry. My wife,as she usually does, asked one of the staff in Italian, "Where do you eat well here?". The waitress gave us two names,and we chose Seby because it was the closest to us.

We were the first to arrive and we were showed to our
table by a very hospitable waiter, who was our food guide for the rest of the evening. The food that we had was all seafood based and it was incredibly well cooked and tasty. The ambience was great, especially enhanced,for me, by them playing Pink Floyd! The service was friendly and efficient and we got good advice with the menu.

The semifreddo was delicious!

Mimi, Ana and Doru.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed June 24, 2019

Wonderful meal and great service from the staff! Nice seafood selection and they actually prepared grilled tuna for us that was not originally on the menu that day! Very accomodating!

Date of visit: June 2019