“Pleasant service, impressive decor”

Ristorante Regina Lucia
Ranked #30 of 676 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2012

As it was a very windy evening we sat inside the cellar part of the restaurant and it is a fairly impressive setting, very romantic with candles and decor. The service is very helpful and friendly. I found the food a little underwhelming - the plate of so called historic Sicilian cheeses was not good. Cold cheeses that tasted no different from each other and seemed to come from a supermarket. The main, of local pork, was cooked pink, which is fine, but it was an odd taste. My partner enjoyed her fish so it was just my bad luck I guess. But again, the service is very good so this made up for it and they have an extensive wine list to help you along. On a nice evening you could do worse than enjoy the al fresco portion.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Dined al fresco at this restaurant. The view of the piazza was great. The service and food at this place was first class. The chef prepared a free taste of on appetizer and also a free glass of prosecco. I had prawn raviolis in a pstachio pesto for the which was delicious. I also had the roasted octopus with creamed potatoes for an app...it was so good. I will not forget that dish!

1  Thank mjlynch
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The staff goes the extra mile! We went there to celebrate the 18th birthday of our son, which I had mentioned when booking. I was immediately replied whether I wanted a birthday cake, which flavor and inscription. My choice was served discretely and we were all surprised by its quality. The quality of the food - we had the fish tasting menu - was excellent. The restaurant itself is magnificent in a 15th century stone vaults and lava floors. The interior is breathtaking. Excellent service. Delicious food! Prosecco and birthday cake were on the house! Palazzo Borgia del Casale with Regina Lucia at the Piazza Duomo is beyond expectations.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

we went to Regina Lucia based on TA reviews - boy did we enjoyed! The veal was just soooo good! Everything we had was very good. We did not have any reservation but were able to get a table outside for 4 - They welcome you with a glass of bubbly which is a very nice touch- yes it is a bit dark but the surroundings are so nice that you don't really night that much light! On top of everything, we were welcomed by Vittorio who spoke and excellent French! Our waiter Claudio gave us an excellent service!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Excellent food, great service and a location which is second to none in Ortigia. Usually I find restaurants that are exactly in the center to lack quality since they are often tourist oriented concentrating more on the quantity rather than the quality. This one is an exception. Food was delicious, all members of the staff spoke perfect English, wine list was fantastic and all this at a great value for money. The only 'negative' thing is that sitting on the outside there was insufficient lighting, but perhaps this is done purposely to enjoy the magnificent scene of Piazza Duomo.