$117
Antico Hotel Roma 1880(Syracuse)
$178
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $241/night.

$132
$134
$188
Domus Mariae(Syracuse)
$562
$113
$271
  • Breakfast included
Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel(Syracuse)
$273
$259
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $301/night.

$343
$156
All reviewshorse trackmin drivevery nice hotelcarnoto
Reviewed January 26, 2014

we came here for my 30th birthday. The hotel itself was beautiful situated in a racecourse. Great views from the room. You had to be driving though as itt was a little out from town. Clean rooms great breakfast. Also had a beautiful quiet tranquil pool and spa.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Emma O
EurekaPalaceHotel, Direttore generale at Eureka Palace Hotel Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear customer ,

I want to thank you for taking your time to review our beautiful resort .
I'm glad to know that you stay in our hotel for your 30th birthday was very good, but next time advertise us before and we can make a little surprise .....

Waiting to receive you again, I remain at your disposal and send

my Best regards

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Clean and nice rooms, balcony is advantage but:
1 - It's a racecourse and the horse minders wake you up as early as 5 A.M.;
2 - loadza kids running all over the place day and night and it seems the hotel management do not care about the people who complaints about it;
3 - if you lucky and early bird you have a chance to get something in your mouth;
4 - location is very remote and you will need to hire a car(necessity)
I would not recommend this hotel to my friends and family if you need nice rest.
Saying that we enjoyed the the jazz festival we had a luck to bump into those days and some sort of trade market from all over Sicily. Would not buy a coffin for ourselves though:) We had been there between 25/04/12 - 02/05/2012
Could not enjoy the spa area as it was full of kids any time of the day and it was closing very early

Room Tip: would not stay there and would not recommend this to my fiends and travellers
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ilmira2003
EurekaPalaceHotel, Direttore generale at Eureka Palace Hotel Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear customer ,
Thank you, first of all for taking your time to review our beautiful facility and compliments for the judgment given at our beautiful Resort.
But I want to inform you that the management change and your review is a little bit in delay about reality.
The location of our hotel is ideal if you want to visit Noto, Avola, Marzamemi, Ragusa, Modica, Augusta, Catania, Vendicari, Fontane Bianche, Pozzallo, Pachino, Capo Passero, Cala Mosche, Scicli, etc ... all these places are within a few minutes by car because we are near the hig-way.
Immagine to get out of town, may be take 40 minutes just to get out, in addition think about the parking problem (we have 2,000 parking spaces).
But if you want to leave the hotel and walk into a town, Eureka Palace is certainly not the right structure to choose.
Our SPA has this time table:10AM till 8PM (10 hours open every day, all the year!).
At the end, the religion is very important in Sicily with all the themes that may concern..

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Breakfast was very nice, but the exact same one every day.. a little variety wouldn't hurt:)
All in all it's a good place to stay, but only if you have a rented car.
Also, the opening hours for the gym and spa are a little problematic for people who spend their day sight-seeing and want to use it early in the morning or when they get back to the hotel in the evening.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank NA10
EurekaPalaceHotel, Direttore generale at Eureka Palace Hotel Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Dear customer ,

I want to thank you for taking your time to review our beautiful resort.
waiting to receive you again I remain at your disposal and send

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Was booked it to this hotel at the local horse racecourse they must have self given the 5 star rating I would only give it "2" it relies on the racecourse to stay open, arrived only 1 staff to book 9 people in, noone for the bags which we had to do ourselves even though they knew we were coming, reasonable food for the 1st evening mean, buffet breakfast, so far so good, arrived bak from the next day tour, no reastaurant open just a small pokky building and the menu, pizza only & even our tour guide said they weren't very good. the rooms spacious but the beds had a rough wooden surround that atacked ankles & drew blood on a few of us and one even seemed to have an extension made of rough wood that was even worse, rubbish in the toilet rubbish bin from previous guest or cleaning staff which they tryed to bill me for, no way, would I go here again, only in a coffin

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lamjam101

Dear customer ,
Thank you first of all for taking your time to review our beautiful facility and compliments for the judgment given at our beautiful Resort.
You have to know that the stars has given for the services that you have and not for the personal idea or taste.
When we accept little group, we always ask at the travel agency if they want a porter and a choice of menù.
We have 3 restaurant in hotel (one near the external pool for lunch and 2 for dinner)and we give at our guests many choices, in the small pokky building we can serve more than 100 people at the same time in the same room.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We were planning to stay in this hotel for three nights in Oct. and the first impression is clean, tidy and quiet. Thus positive.

However when we checked in the room, we noticed right away that the central air-conditon did not work and called the reception, changed to another room. However the problem remained. There is just no cold air coming out in spit of that temperature outside is nearly 30 degree.

Considering long journey we decided to give another try for one night and at the same time the girl at the reception replied that their technician may look into it next day(when it is Monday).

The first evening was terrible and could not get any proper sleep. The air-co only functions as ventilation and some wind but certainly not cooling.

On the second day when we returned to the hotel we found that the problem was not solved at all although the reception lady insisted that their technician did not find any problem. However the simple fact here is that their Central Air Condition System is just NOT on.

The second evening we decided to keep the door open as it is cooler in the evening. However it became also another nightmare as I got many mosquito bites and the noisy outside in the earlier morning waked me up too.

We complained again this problem with the lady at the reception who admitted that the central AirCo System is not on at this period of the year and what is more, the temperature is just hotter than normal. She promised to report this to their manager for solution. After one hour the manager did not show up. We had to go to the front desk looking for him. The manager turned up and took us for another two suites which is certainly much bigger however the no cooling air from the central system neither. The manager said in the end that he may do something in the system but it will take long time and what is more, only the difference in temperature will be 1 or 2 degree lower.

The response is extremely disappointing for us since it means that we had to suffer for another night. It leads us with no other choices but check this out earlier and moved to another hotel. Thanks God the central air condition system there works just as it is supposed to.

The problem for this so-called five star resort is that they did not put their custom interests in the first place but only try to save their energy cost.

We noticed during our two day stay that there were very few guests in the hotel. In the first morning that we were totally alone in the breakfast. The second morning another four peoples were with us. Certainly it is not economical to turn on whole airco system for such few guests.

Another negative point is that the restaurant in the hotel is very poor quality in term of their price. We were there once and dined totally alone in whole evening. For even a small plate of French fries(about 9 or 10 small potato pieces) they charged you for 5 EURO.

I understand that some other guests may have pleasant stay here but for us it was a disaster.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
EurekaPalaceHotel, Direttore generale at Eureka Palace Hotel Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Dear customer ,
I must say I was expecting his review without any anxiety and fear , I just want to clarify some points that he emphasized in a very personal way .
As I explained and showed in your presence, the thermostat of the rooms show a distorted temperature of about 2 or 3 degrees above the real one because the manufacturer has placed a plaque inside the sensor which heats up , so his room was about 23 °C while outside there were over 30 ° C , like you say, when I told you that I could lower the temperature further one or two degree , would come to 21/22 ° C , but since the structure is very large, it would take a while of time.
Before I finished the sentence you said that was wrong, in fact you wanted to leave and did not want to pay anything , neither the restaurant nor the overnights , nothing.
Your partner , someone who I thought was very sane , intervened and said that it would be appropriate to pay for the services use and anyway had to change hotel . At this moment, I put myself at your disposal to help in the search and you has declined sharply.
As for the expenses incurred in restaurants to clarify the summary record : 27,50 € in pizzeria with a pizza and a pasta dish with a drink and 1 side dish , otherwise at the restaurant, 62,00€ total with 32,00€ dedicated only to the second dish ( one was a grilled fish ) and € 12.00 for the wine and then a second entrée and side dishes.
How can read from other reviews I am always very present in the structure and consider important customers as they are the basis of our work and for this reason , I believe that I have to answer at this review.