“The best pizza ever”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Copenhagen, Denmark
“The best pizza ever”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Friendly service and the best pizza ever.
Exciting menu and it was hard to choose of all the great variations of pizzas.
7,5 euro for a pizza is for me very cheap, specially considering the high quality.

• Visited October 2013

Munich, Germany
“Long and deserved tradition”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is among the best restaurants for having dinner outside the city centre in Siracusa. I went there with many people of my family, so I had a wide survey of our pizze,and they were all very good, and with a very original choice of ingredients. I don't give five points because it is unacceptable, nowaday, that such a renewed restaurant does not accept credit cards.

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great dinner made better by Durinder”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

First - when they say they open at 7:30 p.m. they mean it. We arrived a half an hour early - our mistake. Second they make their pizzas in real brick ovens using wood fires. When I lived in Sicily from 83' to 85' that was the only way it was done and now it is harder to find. The restaurant has been in operation since 1937. It is in an ancient house - huge - and has a small playground for kids. The place comes alive at around 9:00 p.m. with families.

The restaurant was recommended by our hotel - The Hotel Borgo Pantano which is only three miles away.

The food was excellent and so was the wine. There is one steward who stands out and I hope I have his name right - His name is Durinder and he is from Sri Lanka. He speaks Italian and excellent English as well, and his attitude is fantastic. He even took the time to show us the building. He stands out over the other staff.

So in short - the food and service (due to Durinder) and grounds are excellent. I would highly recommend coming here if our want true Sicilian pizza and atmosphere.

Visited July 2013
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Perfect Pizza and amazing atmosphere!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

After researching some good pizza places in Syracuse, we came across this – although ranked #21 I would definitely say it is higher than that (especially having eaten at the #1 restaurant the previous night); definitely recommended if you have a car, though it can be quite tricky to find – basically head towards Belvedere, and when you’re about to get to the roundabout (just before it) turn left – there is no sign, though there are a few lights, and a childrens playing area, then on the right the car park.

Bear in mind that the staff don’t speak much English, so try either to take a book/iphone translator, or try to remember a few common words. The restaurant ONLY does pizza and has a wide variety of choice, though we were able to really tailor our pizzas, especially since my partner is lactose intolerant (so no cheese). I chose the Margherita at an extremely reasonable €4.60, and my partner chose the same without cheese and with prosciutto cotto which cost the same – they arrived VERY quickly, and are honestly the best pizzas either of us have ever had! There was so much left over we took it home for lunch the day after, so that’s even better value for money! Also highly recommended are the chips which are unlike anything I’ve had before – square cut potatoes in breadcrumbs we think, they are definitely worth a try!

To pay you just remember your table number and say it to the guy at the front desk and pay there, which is very efficient – especially since the place was PACKED both inside and out, with only locals!

It was so good we had to return before we ended our trip, and the second time was just as good!

Excellent service and really accommodating staff, great value for money and perfect pizza – highly recommended!

• Visited June 2013
Hazel Village
“An evening well spent”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Don't usually eat pizza in Italy, because you get far better ones in Sweden - made mostly by Turks! But this place was the exception that proved the rule. A huge selection and a splendid wine list (Cusumano for me). On the advice of the younger generation I went, if I remember rightly, for something with mozzarella. The mini-pizza ordered for my wife would be classified as mega-pizza up here in Sweden. But no problem - the younger generation did a fantastic job clearing up after us! Spring's late this year, and so I'd like to come back and see the gardens in full bloom another time.

• Visited April 2012