This is a delightful small hotel, on the waterfront in Ortigia, Siracusa. Pricey at 203 euros a night, but beautiful and tasteful renovation. Staff was friendly, professional and accommodating. Room was not large, but well appointed with Frette linens on the bed, with a view of the sea. Possibly the best breakfast I have had in an Italian hotel in many years of travel in Italy. ,
The one drawback, thin walls and lack of soundproofing, if you are as unfortunate as we were to have noisy, active children in the room above you. But don't let that stop you, this is a lovely place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is located in an exquisite ancient building on the waterfront of Ortigia, the historic centre of Syracuse. Giving onto the ancient "Mastra Rua," where the Siracusan nobility resided from the 14th century, the hotel is a starting point for cultural itineraries. Its recent restoration maintains the original structure made of three buildings, contributing to its dynamic layout. Rooms are furnished differently with antique furniture, four-poster beds and refined interior decoration with distinctive Sicilian touches and Mediterranean features such as colorful bathrooms tiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Algila Ortigia Charme Syracuse
- Hotel Algila Ortigia Charme
- Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel Sicily/Syracuse, Italy