Algila hotel is a small city format hotel with the old fashioned interior and furniture, in a historical building, the best way to fill the atmosphere of ancient Ortigia.
They gave us very warm reception during our stay in Syracuse. Staff were extremely helpful to make our stay as comfortable and interesting as only possible. They organized a guide and the cars for us, gave very reasonable recommendations about restaurants, sightseeing, shopping, etc. Laura, Marchello, thank you, you made our stay!
The location for sightseeing was good, 5 minutes from Archimedes square, 10 minutes to Duomo, just near seafront (first line), but far from the main touristic rotes which are crowdie and noisy. 5 min to a supermarket and to a local market which was open every morning.
There are a lot of abandoned houses around as everythere on Ortigia so evening walks around were not very pleasant.
Breakfast was very the generous. Once we had a dinner, and can recommend Algila restaurant.
Pleasant additional bonus - free mini-bar and refreshing drinks for guests in lobby during a day.
We booked by Booking.com a standard double room for our family with a child (12) and it was a mistake, a double is not available for an additional bed, so at first we took second room and after second night moved to a triple.
The double was more comfortable for me, it had windows outside the hotel with a side sea view. The triple had the windows inside the hotel yard, the noise from ventilation system was irritating, there was a lack of insolating also.
The only thing we could not find in the hotel was an iron or ironing service - the common problem in Italian hotels as we can see.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is located in an exquisite ancient building on the waterfront of Ortigia, the historic centre of Syracuse. Giving onto the ancient "Mastra Rua," where the Siracusan nobility resided from the 14th century, the hotel is a starting point for cultural itineraries. Its recent restoration maintains the original structure made of three buildings, contributing to its dynamic layout. Rooms are furnished differently with antique furniture, four-poster beds and refined interior decoration with distinctive Sicilian touches and Mediterranean features such as colorful bathrooms tiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Algila Ortigia Charme Syracuse
- Hotel Algila Ortigia Charme
- Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel Sicily/Syracuse, Italy