My wife and my two childeren spend three days in this charming hotel. The rooms were clean and quiet. The front desk staff very helpful and their restaurant suggestions very good. The room rates included breakfast and free Wi-Fi, which is welcome since most upper tier hotels now charge exorbitant prices for Internet access.
Upon checking, the hotel provides a one-page guide to Ortigia, which is enough to get you going. Once you have visited the sites, we highly recommend seeing them at night. Street lamp cast a beautiful light to sculptures under the balconies.
When the dinning room is full breakfast service is slow. Providing cups and fresh juices at buffet table may alleviate this problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is located in an exquisite ancient building on the waterfront of Ortigia, the historic centre of Syracuse. Giving onto the ancient "Mastra Rua," where the Siracusan nobility resided from the 14th century, the hotel is a starting point for cultural itineraries. Its recent restoration maintains the original structure made of three buildings, contributing to its dynamic layout. Rooms are furnished differently with antique furniture, four-poster beds and refined interior decoration with distinctive Sicilian touches and Mediterranean features such as colorful bathrooms tiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Algila Ortigia Charme Syracuse
- Hotel Algila Ortigia Charme
- Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel Sicily/Syracuse, Italy