A perfect small luxury hotel to visit Ortigia. Location is perfect, parking readily available/arranged in front of the hotel. The hotel is in an old modernised palace, with nothing of a major chain hotel. Staff was very welcoming and attentive. Recommendations and bookings for restaurants and best ice cream parlours were spot on. Free bicycles were a great idea to visit the city (would be great to have 1-2 children bicycles or seats). No beach or much space for children to run in the hotel, but really no issue for a few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is located in an exquisite ancient building on the waterfront of Ortigia, the historic centre of Syracuse. Giving onto the ancient "Mastra Rua," where the Siracusan nobility resided from the 14th century, the hotel is a starting point for cultural itineraries. Its recent restoration maintains the original structure made of three buildings, contributing to its dynamic layout. Rooms are furnished differently with antique furniture, four-poster beds and refined interior decoration with distinctive Sicilian touches and Mediterranean features such as colorful bathrooms tiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Algila Ortigia Charme Syracuse
- Hotel Algila Ortigia Charme
- Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel Sicily/Syracuse, Italy