We stayed in a junior suite without a sea view, which did not matter as the weather in march '13 was not at its best. The hotel was very much at its best. Very comfortable room and bed, bathroom with a big bath tub and well appointed walk-in shower. The only grumble was that the hot water was a bit luke-warm. Both breakfasts and evening meals were superb and all the staff were charming and incredibly helpful. The conversion work to the several buildings which now comprise this hotel have been most thoughtfully designed and really well executed. This in our opinion is a really outstanding hotel and we would recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is located in an exquisite ancient building on the waterfront of Ortigia, the historic centre of Syracuse. Giving onto the ancient "Mastra Rua," where the Siracusan nobility resided from the 14th century, the hotel is a starting point for cultural itineraries. Its recent restoration maintains the original structure made of three buildings, contributing to its dynamic layout. Rooms are furnished differently with antique furniture, four-poster beds and refined interior decoration with distinctive Sicilian touches and Mediterranean features such as colorful bathrooms tiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Algila Ortigia Charme Syracuse
- Hotel Algila Ortigia Charme
- Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel Sicily/Syracuse, Italy