My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at this lovely hotel. Ortigia (the island part of Syracuse) is a great place to stay - you can walk to lots of good restarurants easily and there is a LOT of history and beautiful buildings to see. The hotel is a very skillful conversion of 3 buildings and we had a comfortable room which was immaculately clean, had a balcony with a view of the sea, great bathroom and everything worked well. We'd booked bed and breakfast tariff, and the breakfast is fantastic - not like the miserable and expensive efforts of big chain hotels! Freshly squeezed orange juice, lovely Italian coffee, eggs with whatever, fresh fruit, lots of different cake... yum.
The staff were impressively knowledgeable and friendly, Marcello, Magdalena, Sabrina at reception, and went out of their way to help us out.
What I particularly like, as someone who has done too much business travel, is that they don't charge silly prices for things like wi-fi (which is free) or coffee or whatever. Instead they loan you bicycles to tootle around town and will put together a fantastic plate of antipasti plus salad and desert if you turn up after the restaurant is closed, and give you 2 ginormous glasses of prosecco at a very reasonable price :-)
Absolutely loved the place and would like to go back with our daughters. And, October turned out to be a very good time to visit, with good weather and not too many tourists :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is located in an exquisite ancient building on the waterfront of Ortigia, the historic centre of Syracuse. Giving onto the ancient "Mastra Rua," where the Siracusan nobility resided from the 14th century, the hotel is a starting point for cultural itineraries. Its recent restoration maintains the original structure made of three buildings, contributing to its dynamic layout. Rooms are furnished differently with antique furniture, four-poster beds and refined interior decoration with distinctive Sicilian touches and Mediterranean features such as colorful bathrooms tiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity and ACCOR so you can book your Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Algila Ortigia Charme Syracuse
- Hotel Algila Ortigia Charme
- Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel Sicily/Syracuse, Italy