“Great B&B”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of BnB Capogallo

BnB Capogallo
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palermo
BnB Capogallo
Ranked #267 of 455 Palermo B&B and Inns
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great B&B”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

Great B&B situated discretely 10 minutes from the beach, 20 minutes by bus from central Palermo. The owners are very friendly and the atmosphere is relaxed. The beach is beautiful with crystal blue water. Great restaurants ionly a 5-10 minutes walk away.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rostaren

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

The only explanation that I have for my experience at the B&B Capogallo is that I visited during the off season from Sept. 16-17. I found this establishment NOT to be a good value at all for the 60 euros a night. In conclusion, I think you can get a better deal in the area with a room just as clean and as well located.

ARRIVAL: Already a slight bother upon arrival at Palermo airport, as the owner Toto was supposed to pick me up for an airport transfer to the hotel. I get to the airport and no one is there. I call and his wife tells me that the car broke down and that no one will come to pick me up so I should take a taxi. Not a big deal since the taxi cost 40 euros while Toto's price was 35 euros. On a side note the meter on the taxi showed a total of 25 euros for the distance, but of course coming from the airport all the tourists get ripped off. Try to negotiate. When I arrive to the house I eventually discover Toto is not there but has left on a trip. Coincidence the car broke down and there is no Toto?

ROOM and B&B: The room was correct, clean, and the furniture in good condition. There was everything needed including an iron. I did not get daily room cleaning / tidying up but then again for 60 euros a night I did not think I had to ask for it. The bathroom was clean and well kept too. A big plus of this house is the terrace on top that overlooks the CapoGallo mountain and surrounding water. It is a very calm and relaxing place with a spectacular view.

BREAKFAST: The day of my arrival the owner's wife asked me if there was anything I did not eat for breakfast. After reading the previous reviews and that question, I expected a decent breakfast. The reality the next morning was two small cardboard dishes with pre-fabricated supermarket quality donut and cake like things, fruit juice, and coffee. I would have been fine with some simple toast, jam, butter, and fruit but it was a pitiful breakfast for the price of 60 euros per night.

The only reason I do not rate this place even lower is the kindness of the owner's wife. She answered most of my questions for advice in the area and I was even able to use the house computer plus printer.

MONDELLO: This town has a gorgeous white sandy beach with calm water and beach chairs / umbrellas you can rent about a 5 minutes walk away from the B&B. There are plenty of places to eat but FORGET ABOUT ANY KIND OF NIGHTLIFE. There is not even one bar in the whole place. Every evening people just walked up and down the path in front of the beach. It seems people just come in to Mondello during the day for the beach and then go back to Palermo for the nightlife. The bus was super easy to take into town though. The stop was directly in front of the exit of the BnB and I did see them running until at least midnight on Friday. It was about a 30 minutes bus ride into town. The people in this area are a little bit strange though and not at all as kind and welcoming as the rest of Sicily where I have travelled. On the beach, the men would be all bunched up in groups on one side while the women on another side. It was almost like the guys came to show off for each other as they would stroll around looking at who was looking at them and then hanging around together tanning in their speedos. There was no human interaction with others. I have to sometimes wonder if Mondello is really a very gay friendly town or that is just what it means to be VIP from Palermo in Mondello.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

I just returned from my hols in Sicily and stayed a week in BnB Cappogallo in Mondello.
I really enjoyed my stay, BnB has perfect location in Mondello, in a quiet street just 100m from the centre of Mondello, 100-200 m from the beaches. very good and quick connection with Palermo (15km), the room very clean, towels changed/ room cleaning daily. What I liked the most is very friendly owners / we had nice and rich breakfast each morning on sunny terrace, I felt as the part of the Sicilian family :-). Toto (the owner) is very nice person/helpful/commiunicative/we had lot of fun.

Tomas & Jana,
Bratislava, Slovakia

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

This place is a hidden GEM!!!! Just book it!

BnB Capogallo is situated 20 mins from Palermo on the edge of a National Park (Capogallo) but it located on the edge of Mondello...which I can only describe as a mini Carribbean!!! White Sand and Emerald water.....AMAZING restaurants too!

The BnB is situated away from the hustle and bustle of the main beach and Capogallo itself a beach in the nature reserve where I've never seen such clear water!!

Breakfast for me was the highlight of the day, everyone sits together and eats the wonderful food...which is endless!!!!

ToTo and his wife Maria are the most beautiful people and make everone so so welcome. I will DEFINATELY return.

BOOK IT!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Moray79
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

We really can't praise this place, the people, and the location enough.
We stayed here as part of our honeymoon (almost a year ago now!) and had such an amazing time we can't wait to go back.

Mondello itself is Utopian, which certainly helps. The clearest of seas entice you to spend all day on the beaches, diving from the rocks, snorkelling or lounging at the many local bars and restaurants. Palermo is bus ride away (and take a trip to Ustica for tropical fish viewing in tranquil rock pools ).

The B&B itself was spotless, the owners the friendliest we have met anywhere though never too intrusive and so very very helpful.
Breakfast was always a sumptuous affair of seasonal, local and festive delights. Every detail of our stay was organised with such care and pride I find it hard to state a negative. Our room certainly was not the Ritz Hotel but was exactly what one would want for a week or two in Mondello: clean, airy, private and relaxing.

We will certainly be coming back, and hopefully soon!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2010

I will write in English and translate in brief because i know that many prefer English. we recommend this place to the full. its clean, has all commodities, close to the beach, safe [parking included] the BEST hosts one can dream of - the breakfast is fantastic - neverending pastries, coffee and sweets. you'll love it. dnt look further. Book up before its full. Besides theres a view from terrace and a lovely wooden table in the garden to lounge in. 10/10.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Milan0
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2008

We have just returned from a tour in Sicily and the first stay was in Mondello, in B&B Capogallo. Since we were 2 adults and 2 children, we asked for a room with 3-4 bads, they gave us a big room with 4 bads at the ground floor. The bathroom was with shower and we could also use the kitchen that was on the other side of a door in our room.
The breakfast was served outside, on the terrace, and was rich of sicily delicacies. The b&b is very quite and silence, there is a garden with toys for children but walking 5 minutes you are in the centre of Mondello, on the beaches.
The b&b is also near the natural reserve of Capogallo, there is a beautiful walk to do, also with children.
Outside the b&b there is the bus stop to go to Palermo, we used it to visit the city and left the rented car in the b&b free parking.
The proprietary, Mr Totò, is a very kind person, he took care of our children, helped us with route and suggested many things to better appriciate the beautiful place of Mondello and Palermo.
Also, since we booked for the 25 april week-end and then, for personal reasons, shifted the holiday in May, he had no problem to take the booking for the other week. We paid 100Euro (about $150) per night.
For sure, I suggest the everyone to choose this place for the kindness, cordiality and quality.

• Liked — Kindness and cordiality, excellent room and position of the place
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)