“The best hotel I have ever been!”
Review of Hotel Plaza Opera

Hotel Plaza Opera
Ranked #27 of 98 Hotels in Palermo
Reviewed June 6, 2010

There are no words to describe this hotel and its staff! It is incredible! Really wonderful! The rooms are perfect, the bathroom clean and large! The breakfast huge with handmade cakes and sweets and obviusly a great continental choice of salami and cheese! The staff is helpful and really nice. The first day me and my girlfriend arrived in the early moorning and our room wasn't ready, so the staff offered us the breakfast! The room was amazing with all the facilities that you can required for a 5 stars hotel!!
Really great place in the center of the city! Unbelivable but I payed this hotel about 60 euro per night!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Plaza Opera

Reviewed May 16, 2010

We arrived with our car and parked right in front. Bags were taken and brought to our room and car put in garage. Room squeaky clean and well air conditioned. Plenty of towels. Hotel is in a very nice part of the city. Easy walks to restaurants and sites. What we really liked were the men at the front desk. Always available and helpful. Good value for a big city hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for only one night.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and modern.
The breakfast was very nice, a never-ending selection of food and drink!
I don’t have any complaints about the hotel, so I would recommend you stay here if you want a modern Western hotel, but not if you are looking for a more Italian experience.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2010

I stayed here for a fortnight in October 2009, and it was one of the best hotels I've ever used in Italy. The room itself was larger than average, comfortable, well-thought-out in layout and facilities, and kept spotlessly clean. The only downside was the bath which for someone who is not quite as young as I once was, was not easy to get in or out of - a grab handle would have helped enormously.

The great strength of this hotel, however, is the staff. They could hardly have been more helpful. To give just three examples: I wanted to go to Monreale & asked the desk if they could find a driver (as they had a few days earlier). The desk clerk wasn't happy with any of the prices she was being quoted by local taxi firms, so she arranged with one of the hotel porters for him to drive me on his morning off, at (to put it mildly) a very reasonable price. On another occasion, I got caught in an exceptionally heavy rainstorm and was soaked to the skin. I happened to mention to a member of staff that I thought my jacket (which was 50% silk) had probably been permanently ruined. She simply said "Where is it?" and two days later I had it back in pristine condition. The same evening it was quite difficult to face going out to find a restaurant, so the barman cooked me a simple meal instead.
I could add quite a few more examples of their kindness and efficiency.

Like most people in Italy, they appreciate any ability and willingness to speak Italian and to respect their standards. Offer that, and you will be treated as if you were a life-long friend.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank ajmcgLeeds_UK
Reviewed November 21, 2009

+Very close to airport shuttle bus stop, shopping and the Politeana.
+Good breakfast buffet
+Relatively quiet although we had a corner room
+Well equipped bathroom

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2009

This was the nicest hotel we found during our ten day stay in Sicily. The modern rooms are not real large but they are tasteful and clean and have every amenity including fine linens, plush towels, etc. We're hotel bargain hunters and thought this hotel provided a great value. The breakfast was better than most we found in italy. The location couldn't be better to tour the downtown core of Palermo. The best part of our stay was the help we got from the courteous and friendly staff. They carried our bags, helped us park the car, made restaurant recommendations, and Monica at the front desk helped us plan our entire trip, even making hotel reservations for us. Warning: Driving in Palermo is NOT for the faint of heart. Make sure you carry a GPS navigational aid.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bud9845
Reviewed September 25, 2009

Stayed here for two days after a week's sailing so were looking for some comfort and convenience after living on a boat. The hotel is well-situated, modern and clean but its facilities are really 3 star+ rather than 4 star - for example the foyer, breakfast room and other public rooms are quite small, as are the bedrooms. On the other hand everything was stylish and well-maintained eg good air conditioning and shower. When we first arrived the staff were very helpful and welcoming, though later some staff members seemed less attentive to customer service. Internet access is quite pricy and though we paid for 24-hrs but were twice given cards which expired after 3-4 hrs before getting one which worked. Breakfast is very good with lots of choice.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple