“Creepy but very interesting”

Convento dei Cappuccini
Book In Advance
More Info
$887.36*
and up
Private Day Trip to San Giovanni Rotondo to Visit the Shrine of Padre Pio from...
Ranked #74 of 323 things to do in Palermo
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Creepy but very interesting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Not for kids!!! Such a weird place. Dead bodies dressed and exhibited for everyone to see. For 3€ you really should check it out if you have the stomach for it...

2 Thank Adi O

Todmorden, United Kingdom
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Great once - but that's enough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2010

I am glad I did not miss this. The appeal is the strangeness of the concept of skeletons clad in their working clothes and divided by sex and occupation. Once you have entered it creates a deep interest - possibly with a slight feeling of being an intruder. The one young girl who is certainly not the conventional skeleton but more like someone a bit pasty after a bad night's sleep was embalmed with a secret process and is weirdly disturbing.
I found that after a time I became edgy with all those skeletons grinning at me and I was quite glad to leave.
Children will either be excited or very frightened. In general I doubt the wisdom of taking them. My recommendation is sincere but with that reservation.

2 Thank davidxTodmorden