The Mercure Palermo Centro is a typical Mercure hotel, located close to the Politeama and the main shopping street. The rooms are rather big and some have huge balconies. The interior is nice and the breakfast is good. There are only two things that keep me from giving five points:
1) There is no WiFi in the rooms and internet via cable in the room is incredibly expensive (10€ per day). However, there are to MACs in the lobby that are free to use.
2) The coffee in the morning was terrible, it was some kind of instant coffee from a machine. It was by far the worst coffee I ever had in Italy (that means it is still better than some coffees I had around the world, but standards in Italy are just higher when it comes to coffee).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Mercure Palermo Centro is located in the city centre, 200 meters from Teatro Politeama and Teatro Massimo. This 4 star hotel offers 93 soundproofed rooms, a stylish hall, bar and internet point. Ideal for business and tourist stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Palermo Centro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Palermo Centro Hotel Palermo
- Accor Palermo Centro
- Mercure Palermo Centro Sicily